How much???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much????

A guy I played a game of apo last weekend told me he have some guardsmen he want to sell. Everything is assembled and prime in white. It's the first time I'm interested in used models so I don't know how much it is worth. Can somebody give me an idea of how much I should pay. Here's what he have.

-38 guardsmen, 4 have laspistol and chain blade
    -8 vox caster
    -4 flamer, 4 grenade launcher, 3 plasmagun, 3 meltagun, 2 snipers
    -1 techpriest, 1 banner, 1commissar, 1 medic
    -7 officers, 2 have powerfist and 3 have plasma pistol
    -Creed and Kell
    -15 stormtrooper with hot-shot, 2 with grenade launcher, 1 with plasmagun, 1 with flamer, 1 with meltagun, 3 sergeant
    -4 mortar, 3 missile launcher, 3 lascannon and 3 base that have been magnetised with different guns
    -1 forge world hellhound

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmax View Post
    A guy I played a game of apo last weekend told me he have some guardsmen he want to sell. Everything is assembled and prime in white. It's the first time I'm interested in used models so I don't know how much it is worth. Can somebody give me an idea of how much I should pay. Here's what he have.

-38 guardsmen, 4 have laspistol and chain blade
    -8 vox caster
    -4 flamer, 4 grenade launcher, 3 plasmagun, 3 meltagun, 2 snipers
    -1 techpriest, 1 banner, 1commissar, 1 medic
    -7 officers, 2 have powerfist and 3 have plasma pistol
    -Creed and Kell
    -15 stormtrooper with hot-shot, 2 with grenade launcher, 1 with plasmagun, 1 with flamer, 1 with meltagun, 3 sergeant
    -4 mortar, 3 missile launcher, 3 lascannon and 3 base that have been magnetised with different guns
    -1 forge world hellhound

thanks
    Eh, it's just a grab-bag really and nothing all that fantastic and definitely nothing to make a decent list with at the moment. What's the quality of the models? Are you looking to start an army or are you adding to an existing one?

Forgeworld Hell Hound would be a nice buy, just check out the quality on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I diddn't mention that I already have a Mech army and what I need to make an on foot list is pratically what is in the deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

The value of the items is how much you are prepared to pay for them, if the guy has only undercoated them lightly, and they are made well without glue smears or mold lines. Then you can't expect to get them much (if any) cheaper than they cost brand new in the shop (unless he doesn't know the value.) by experience, I know people will pay as much as it costs in the shop to buy well made unpainted models (if not more money) on ebay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

My general rule of them is that for models put together and unpainted, I look for about 30%-40% off the market value. I can just buy a brand-new box for 20-25% without looking that hard for them so I look for a deal when I order used models.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Personally, I'm not impressed on what is being offered.

You'll still have to buy infantry sets, and depending on your style of play, you'll probably end up not using half of the models anyway.

The question is how much is your friend is offering the pieces for, not how much you should pay for them.

You'll be be off buying a few models which are useful to you, rather than buying the whole lot.

+ Reply to Thread