Power weapon or power fist on priest or assault sergeant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: how would u kit out your sergeant and priest

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Priest with powerfist, sergeant with power weapon

1 3.85%
  • priest with power weapon, sergeant with power fist

25 96.15%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power weapon or power fist on priest or assault sergeant

As the title says, I'm debating between the two. I'm currently running Sanguinor in my army list with 3 priest with jump packs and usually 3 assault squad with some other supporting units such as autolas predators.

Since the only sergeants in my army are the assault squads, I'm told it would be better to give the sergeants power weapons and give the priests power fist. With Sanguinor's boost, the one sergeant would be a mini captain swinging at initiative speed while the priest would normally be kept in the squad but away from close combat unless its to a vehicle just so he cant be single out.

I'm looking at other forums and they are doing the opposite in giving the priest the power weapon while the sergeants are given the powerfist.

Just looking at what everyone would do and for what reasons. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Give the fists to the sergeants, as they're protected by the unit - sure you miss out on a point of I with one of them but it's no big deal. Priests really shouldn't be getting into combat they can't win without the enemy striking back, being ICs they can be targetted individually so a fist is the LAST thing you want!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I don't really give priests anything. They're too expensive to kit out with power weapons and such. I'll give them jump packs or termie armor if need be, but the other stuff just jacks up their cost too much. The sgt is hidden and somewhat protected by the squad, so you should give it to him, while handing it to the priest is asking him to be targeted as an IC.
    Space Marines: Bringing Swords to Gunfights since 30k. And winning.
    "Why is there a big red button on the bridge that says 'Exterminatus?'" "Why wouldn't we have one of those? I love that thing."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Well I think this pretty much speaks for itself

No closing date on the poll, or am I just being blind?
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yea, first time making a poll so not use to how it works. i should had added priest with nothing to the poll too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Power fist on sergeants. Power weapon on priest. it is power weapons that win assaults when you have so few attacks!!!!!!!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

As the OP I expect you can see the poll results Kazakun. If not just follow 4theEmperors advice. Its the only way to go. But my knowledge is based solely on codex: space marines.
    Last edited by praxis; October 28th, 2010 at 02:55. Reason: Name error
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    Power fist on sergeants. Power weapon on priest. it is power weapons that win assaults when you have so few attacks!!!!!!!
    No upgrades bar jump packs for your priests, keep him out of combat. You can get enough other power weapons in a BA army, you should be keeping your priests alive at all costs.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said, fist on the serg. For the priest the fist is a big no no. Power weapon is an option, but tbh i'd take a claw. they're the same points cost, and the same with their 'base' attacks (sword with 3, claw with 2) but the claw is slightly better the more attacks you get (e.g. on the charge claw is better, near sanguinor claw is better). Claws also feel slightly more reliable at ensuring a power wepaon wound and if you want to win combats, reliable wounding is best imo.

+ Reply to Thread