2000 Pt Dark Angel Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I need some advice on a 2000 point Dark Angel army. I'm mainly (pretty much only) going to play against IG (Catachans) Tau and Eldar. I realise I'm going to have to pack some punch as far as firepower goes, and going to need a number of plasma fellas.

How many tanks do you need in a 2000 pt army? And which one are the best. Be good if someone could give me the lowdown .

Cheers :shifty:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your opponents are mainly IG, Tau and Eldar, I would strongly advise against taking tanks or vehicles of any kind. These three armies have some pretty fearsome anti-tank guns.

I would suggest you focus on Assault troops, with a few Tactical Squads armed with Plasma Cannons providing covering fire. Against IG, Tau and Eldar, you'll really want to get into close combat ASAP because that is where you can take advantage of their low WS, I and armour saves.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok... what about dreadnoughts? I&#39;m cool with skipping tanks - they cost way to *****ing much anyway &#33;

Are emperors champions worth their points cost?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably wouldn&#39;t field Dreadnoughts against Tau because Railguns will tear through their armour like paper. Against IG and Eldar, though, they can work wonders, especially if you Deep-Strike them. There are a lot of ways to configure your Dreadnought, but I find that the most effective (for me) is a Combat Fist, Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon and extra armour.

Emperor&#39;s Champion... you&#39;ll need your opponent&#39;s permission to use him, but he&#39;s well worth the points cost. Join him up with a squad and use him to take out enemy Squad leaders and weak heroes with Challenge. Don&#39;t go around picking fights with uber-HQs though. You&#39;ll just get killed.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need a specific list or help with one, IM me on AIM or MSN at:
    AIM: xMrBojanglesx21
    MSN: shadowalker21@hotmail.com

I have already helped out 3 other players on this site with forming their own Dark Angels army and would be more than happy to help you with it.
    <span style='color:red'>

Wins/Draws/Losses
    Dark Angels: 13/2/8
    Blood Angels: At the planning board
    (I know theres more but these are confirmed/official battles)
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes thanks man I added you my email is bill_ted_an_steve@hotmail.com (wierd email I know... long story&#33

+ Reply to Thread