10th Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10th Company

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

10th Company

Has anyone experimented with Space Marine 10th Company list with Scouts in the main role with little or no Power Armor on the field?

I don't thinks its very "competitive", but if anyone has tried it for fun I would like to hear out

Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

I've done it. It's doable, the the biggest thing you gotta remember is that you troops are skirmishers, and not line infantry. The biggest problem people have with scout squads is when they try to use them as a cheap substitute for tactical squads, which they most manifestly are not. You'll need a couple squads in Storm Speeders to alpha strike the scary threats, a couple sniper teams with missile launchers for capping objectives, and a couple midfield teams to work the midfield. Plus some tanks, dreads, and other support units as fits your own personal flavour of choice.

This is often paired with Pedro and Sternguard, or painted up as an Ordos Xenos force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must agree with watchwood. I would say take the special character for the 10th Company. I tried to make a scout company once, but dropped the idea as I couldn't get a decent look for the commander as I treid to put him in scout armour as I thought that would be a better fit with the force. I must just go back to the idea for a Games day entry though

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

I gotta say though, it'd be really nice if a codex would give us an HQ in scout armour for 10th company lists. :/

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    I gotta say though, it'd be really nice if a codex would give us an HQ in scout armour for 10th company lists. :/
    That wouldn't make sense, fluffwise - even the 10th Company (like all Companies) is led by a Captain (or equivalent), his command squad, with an attached Chaplain / Librarian / etc. Even the most flexible chapters, such as Raven Guard, likely wouldn't have a character in Scout armour "leading" the company on the same level as a Captain, I wouldn't think.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Why not? The entire company's battlefield purpose is stealth, reconaissance, and deep raiding. I find it hard to believe that their leaders wouldn't be willing to equip themselves suitably on the occasion that the 10th company is fielded as a unit in that purpose. Even when the company's operating in training, it's still not all that unreasonable for a scout commander to use scout gear when training his men in scout tactics.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I'm pretty sure if you're the captain of the 10th you're as effective in power armour as a scout is in his armour. Oh look there is a Captain with Infiltrate called Shrike Just use a 'counts as shrike' for your captain, and he can bring his command squad with him too
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

A good tactic for using scouts (one which ive seen several times) is to put a squad of CC scouts into storms with heavy flamers and have the sgt use a powerfist. They outflank, head straight to the enemy's tanks that might not have moved, get out and then assault it first turn they arrive, then blow it up. Yesterday that tactic took out two super heavies.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you're the captain of the 10th you're as effective in power armour as a scout is in his armour. Oh look there is a Captain with Infiltrate called Shrike Just use a 'counts as shrike' for your captain, and he can bring his command squad with him too
    Its too bad Codex doesn't allow jump packs for the command squad. Seem silly to attach a jump-pack equipped Shrike with footbound unit.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

They can have bikes though, which are the same speed (you just can't go over things). Might be worth a try Worst case scenario you can infiltrate with them and then hook up with a jump squad in turn 1 or 2, and then the Command Squad have a turn or two less before they're in the action.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread