1500pt Wolfwing Or Blood Angel All Jump Back Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which list do you think is more effective?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • STRENGTH - The Space Wolves List

6 42.86%
  • SPEED - The Blood Angel List

8 57.14%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1500pt Wolfwing Or Blood Angel All Jump Back Army?

Iím looking to move away from my mech guard and tzeentch daemon armies and trying something different, so Iím looking to make a small elite marine army. So far this has lead me to two choices all terminator Wolfwing or all jumpback Blood Angels.

STRENGTH - The Wolfwing list
    275 - Logan Grimnar

232 Ė Loganís Bodyguard

Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, thunder-hammer and storm shields,
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, chain-fist and storm shields,
    X2 Wolf Guard with Terminator armour with 2 Wolf Claws and melta-bombs.
    35- Drop Pod

275- Wolf Guard Terminator Squad

Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, power weapon and storm shield,
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, wolf claw and combi-melta,
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, wolf claw and combi-flamer,
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, thunder hammer and combi-plasma,
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armour, chain-fist, combi-plasma and a cyclone missile launcher.
    35- Drop Pod

(Same as above)
    35- Drop Pod

(same as above except 1 combi-flamer instead of combi-plasma)
    55- Drop Pod: Missile Launcher

Total Pts: 1497
    Total No: 20 (4)
    Kill Pts 9

The standard squad is equipped with weapons for every type of enemy, with the storm shields guy taking the AP2 hits. I only had enough points to have one drop pod missile launcher so I changed 1 of the combi weapons to a flamer to make the unit more anti-horde.

My only worry about this list is the numbers; I didnít expect many models for an all terminator army but only 20 models with no FNP or extra toughness. I do like the idea of being able to spend a lot of time painting each model of the 20 terminators but can this list work on the board?

------------------------------------------------

SPEED - The Blood Angels Jump Back List
    220 - Astorath The Grim

165 - 2 Sanguinary Priest: Both with Jump backs and 1 with Power Sword

240 - 10 Man Assault Squad: Meltagun, Flamer and Sgt with Power Fist & Hand Flamer.

240 - 10 Man Assault Squad: Meltagun, Flamer and Sgt with Power Fist & Hand Flamer.

240 - 10 Man Assault Squad:
    Meltagun, Flamer and Sgt with Power Fist & Hand Flamer.

155 - 10 Scout Snipers: Camo cloaks

Total Pts: 1500
    Total No: 53
    Kill Pts: 8

With the all models able to move 12 itís very agile and able to take a beating thanks to the FNP saves the priests will provide. I like how the 4 Assault Squads can become 8 small Assault Squads to better claim objectives, harass the enemy and allow the army to absorb more firepower on the whole. I choose Astorath because he a nasty monster killer and gives the squads fearless + furious charge on a roll of 3 or less.

Sadly I couldnít afford the 5 full squads I wanted so I had 155pts left to spend, I did consider a tactical squad for sitting in my deployment zone with a heavy weapon but I need a full squad to take one so I settled for some scout snipers though IĎm tempted to replace it with a 5 man assault squad.

So what are your thoughts on the each list and which do you think would be the better investment for a marine army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

For the BA list, if you drop the power sword on the priest and find 5 points somewhere else you could get a Furioso Librarian Dreadnaught with Wings of Sanguinius and Shield of Sanguinius - he should be able to keep up and will spread 5+ cover saves about to help with AP1/2 weapons. Plus he's pretty tough!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Plus he's pretty tough!
    Tough enough to be the only unit in my army with an armor value which will be targeted by most of my opponents anti-tank units? On top of that I've never liked the idea of a heavy clumsy dreadnought being able to fly, they might as well say the libarian can make this rhino fly and count as a skimmer if he focuses hard enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run an all BA jump army myself and i love it. requires a lot of tactical thinking to be competitive but always fun to use

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    Tough enough to be the only unit in my army with an armor value which will be targeted by most of my opponents anti-tank units?
    If you use cover effectively and use SoS when he has to be in the open, yes. AV13 means S8 is only just able to penetrate, so just stay out of the LOS of any lascannons and railguns M12 really helps in that regard.
    On top of that I've never liked the idea of a heavy clumsy dreadnought being able to fly, they might as well say the libarian can make this rhino fly and count as a skimmer if he focuses hard enough.
    Dreadnaughts are heavy yes, but not so clumsy. And besides, what isn't cool about giant psychic wings forming from the back and launching it into the air?
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

The Wolfwing army looks like a lot of fun, but I'd say that the Blood Angels would be the better army, overall. With the Wolfwing there are a few armies (mainly the ones with lots of AP2 shooting) that would simply devour you alive. You'd do well against anyone else, but would often have a lot of trouble winning. The Blood Angels army is better balanced, and will probably serve you better.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

454 (x7)

I've decided to go with the Blood Angels so please follow the link to where the improved blood angel list is, I need some feedback for it...

IMPROVED BLOOD ANGEL ARMY LIST HERE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the blood angels you need more anti tank I think.

+ Reply to Thread