Getting ready to sell army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Getting ready to sell army.

I am preparing to get out of the game and I have quite a few models to sell. I have the equivalent of two Battleforce sets of Cadian and Catachan mixed built and one more (plus a few extra sprues) sitting on the table collecting dust. I dont have the official tally on the number of models yet but as soon as I have free time Ill count and post pics if I can.

I came today to ask what a decent price for them would be. I plan to post it on Ebay next week. I am posting this now to see if someone would like to make an offer.

P.s. to any mods, if this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry, and please move it to the right place.

Last edited by Malacoda; November 3rd, 2010 at 23:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

please post more information
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well, I havent had time to count out the guardsmen, but I know I have three Cadian heavy weapon teams built and another three in sprues. I also have a Leman Russ built and another in sprues. I have a Catachan walker built too.

As for the Guardsmen, I probably have 100+. Ill count them tonight once I get back from class and I will try to get a picture or two up.
    Last edited by Malacoda; November 3rd, 2010 at 23:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Ok, I just had time to count them up. I have 63 guardsmen, 3 heavy weapon teams, and a sentinel, all built. I also have 23 more guardsmen, 3 more heavy weapon teams, and a Leman Russ, all in sprues.

I want to get rid of everything. I am willing to listen to any offer but if it isn't sold by next Saturday, I will post it on ebay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

You need to post specifics if you want to get offers.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Built:
    63 guardsmen: unpainted.
    1 lascannon team: unpainted.
    1 autocannon team: unpainted.
    1 mortar team: unpainted.
    1 sentinel: unpainted.

Unbuilt:
    23 Guardsmen.
    3 heavy weapon teams.
    1 Leman Russ.

I live in Illinois, and will ship anywhere, as long as you pay.
    I always add delivery confirmation.

I will only accept paypal as payment.
    Last edited by Malacoda; November 5th, 2010 at 03:25.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Value is kind of like an inverted bell curve. You can pretty much get close to retail price selling it on ebay if it's brand new and boxed, or at least still on the sprues. Once you start doing stuff to it the value falls. The value gets lowest for models that are badly painted and damaged models are more or less worthless. Value starts going up again if the paint job is good. Really well painted armies are absurdly valuable.

Since your stuff is apparently fairly fresh the best thing you can do is to break it up into separate lots (individual squads or something) and sell it on ebay. Selling it as a job lot (either here or on ebay) is easier but you'd have to find an avid collector or someone who wanted a pretty odd mix of units. Individual lots mean people can pick and choose. Also check out the LoBay section of the LO forums. I'd think you can probably expect to get fairly close to retail value for it.

Do note though that online retail generally comes with a 20-25% discount but then you got a discount buying the force boxes so it should balance out somewhat so long as it's broken down into the separate lots.
    Last edited by Korona; November 5th, 2010 at 03:41.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread