Imperial Guard Sentinels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well, I am a Raven Guard(Space Marines) player. I am thinking about starting Catachans. GW sells a box with 20 Catachans, a Leman Russ, and 2 Sentinels. Anywho, I know this is better than buying them separately, BUT, are Sentinels good.(These are just normal sentinels, not Cadian or Armageddon). Thanks.

<span style='color:blue'>W/L/D</span>

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Sentinels are one of the most useful vehicles in an IG army. They have mobility and good firepower. If you need to take an objective or a table quarter, then try to keep one of these alive long enough to do it.

I personally use 2-3 of them in just about every army list that I make.

For arming them, I prefer either a heavy flamer for use against horde armies or lascannons vs. power armor. If you go the lascannon route, then keep them as far back as possible, since even a bolter can take one down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

well if you&#39;re making a Catachen army, then Sentinelsa armed with Heavy Flamers is a fluffy option. HF is the cheapest route to take, and if used correctly can do ALOT of damage to a low save army.

personally, i usually go with MultiLasers. they&#39;re versitle and cheap, and as far as sentinels go, cheap = good. cause they&#39;re gonna die. perhaps sometimes they&#39;ll survive, but for the most part, they die.

i use them to either cap objectives, or harass the enemy. Str 6 (3 shot) MultiLaser will surprise you at how good it is at poping AV11

I don&#39;t run with Lascannons, but i could see thier use. it&#39;s just for me, a LC Sentinel is too expensive, and surprisingly is a big target.

bottom line, you can never go wrong with a pair of sentinels, they&#39;ll see you through alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many sentinals u want to use i would use 2-3 and lascannons...sentinals will go down but they can move and keep them away from the enemy remember the range on a lascannon...
    time to cue the music...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw in the Imp Guard codex that if it is a Catachan pattern sentinel that it has to be a heavy flamer. Once I read that and knew that they could take the flamer, I probably would have chosen that either way. Thanks for the advice.

The box comes with two. Ill try them and if they are useful i may add another one&#33;

<span style='color:purple'>3rd Company Raven Guard Space Marines-</span><span style='color:red'>in surgery</span>

<span style='color:green'>512th Cadian Orbital Defence-</span><span style='color:orange'>under construction</span>

<a href='http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.aspx?player=Redhawk%2011' target='_blank'>Xbox Live Stats</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont have to use the specific Catachan pattern... its just the name for the heavy flamer configuration (since its probably most popular among the Catachans)

I usually use the Multilaser, or sometimes the Autocannon.
    I am the Aquila-Guerilla!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify for The Phoenix - if you are going to buy the Catachan box set, it comes with two 10 man squads, a HQ squad, 3 heavy weapons teams and 2 sentinels. The Cadian box set on the other hand, comes with two 10 man squads, 3 heavy weapons teams and a Leman Russ.

To get back on topic, then I would say that it depends entirely on how you use your army (or plan to use it). For me, I prefer quantity over quality so would therefore never think about putting a lascannon on such a flimsy vehicle. I&#39;m purchasing the Catachan box set tomorrow and am going to go with the Heavy Flamer option; just going to speed them up the board and get them stuck into my mates&#39; onrushing &#39;gaunts...***
    <span style='color:blue'>Exist.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We must be talking about a different thing. I know this box has two sentinels, a Leman Russ, and 2-10man squads. And they are Catachans. I think I am going to use Catachan models but make my own army with the Doctrines. Im going to make them like Scottish descendants and say that all the Scottish people moved to their own small world and stayed there. Ill just make up some Doctrines. I think ill paint with the facepaint like in BraveHeart. So they have all the weapons accessible to every other Gaurd armies but be a new one. Yay&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setnils are good fire support for your troops, They can give your men cover fire, take out some of the harder models and draw fire from your troops.
    &quot;Everyone should try arrogance, it's absolutely wonderful. You can go out, do whatever you want, and go home. And the best part is, no matter what you do, or how much you ***** everything up, nothing's ever your fault because 'thou art god'.&quot;

-Bernard M. Smith, the <u>real</u> Michael Smith and modern day Petronius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

sounds like my calladonian 24th regament i made it a while ago....

but any way on the whole the sentinal is my favorite unit in the imp army due to it being so versitle 3 of them ( under the new rules) can kill a wraith lord and they can lay down amazing amounts of fire power with their heavy weapons. they may die but if the do dont worry they are as cheep as the gaurds men manning them (in a manner of speaking ) a must for catchens or any scot theamed regie.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast