Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
NOTE: this tactic only works if all squads are full and has not been tested on the blood angel chapter
1. use the comander of the deathwing (kit bash described on gamesworkshop website) and commander of the raven wiing as your HQ units leaving five slots open for raven wing deathwing
2. i personaly like to use one reg termy squad led by a normal sergent and an assault termy group... i also recoment using one tactical squad if the game has objectives or another tery group of your choice... use one squad of ravenwing as an eliet then a vehical of your choice alloud to fit in the othere slot... i personaly like using a venerable dred (note: units can be switched)
3. use the raven wing with turbo boost to get them behind enemy lines and have your termys teleport to that location so you now can to the enemy from behind as well as the front.
4. now that you have the enemy surrounded and in assault phaze any vehicals the enemy possesses now can't do anything except to the dred and raven wing. for this part keep your raven wing away from the enemy vehicals and out of firing range, they will be needed later. move the dred into close combat with the first enemy units it can come across to get it out of the way of any vehicals the enemy might possess
5. by now you should have scattered the enemy units or completely annaliated them. now you can focus on the enemy vehicals (if present). use the raven wing to get around the enemy vehicals and set up teleporting devicecs so your remaining termies can get to the vehicals and wail on trhem with their power weapons. before the raven wing can't get to the enemy vehicals right away all the time so that's where your ven dred comes in handy. use the dred to shoot the enemy vehicals until the termies can get in to tear it up.
6. use your dred and move it into assault with the first vehical it can reach.
7. once you've gotten this far you can assume you have claimed victory and proceed to do your victory dance...
List and Points
Deathwing Terminators ... 250 per squad
Deathwing Assault Terminators w/ commander ... 250 to 350
Deathwing/Tactical Squad/some other vehical ... Veries with unit selected
Raven Wing w/ commander ... 250 to 350
Venerable Dreadnought ... 150 per dred
Total: about 750 to 1000 w/o ungrades and bonuses
Note: as stated it has not been tested on the blood angels so if someone can test it out and let me know... this battle stratagy has worked for me every time i have played against another army of some kind.
Note: the skill of the player also needs to be on par with the reasoning behind this stratage to make it sucessful
If you have any further questions let me know
I found time after school and fought a battle with a blood angel army that included miphiston and i have to say that he be himself is very hard to kill. the tactics above do work against the blood angels but since the blood angels have the special rules of Wings of Singwinious they can fly across the battlefield behind your troops. this can be an advantage if used correctly. Down below i tried out a two stage stratagy and worked with miphiston and without. this battle took a while so if you have blood angels vs. dark angels expect the game to last a few hours.
Tactic 1: Miphiston is on the field
1. When you deploy be sure that a teleporter is left behind but proceed as normal
2. When and if the blood angles use Wings of Singwinious and attack you from behind then it is lucky you have that teleporter that was left behind. Now you can use your teleporter and get a termy squad back behind the blood angels and enclose them in a fight to the death...
- if miphiston is off by himself and the blood angels don't get behind you then use tactical split and split your termies into squads of five because the desired phycic power of miphiston useres is Shackle Soul and that works for an entire unit so it can be difficult to pull of any sort of stratage but this one worked well enough. Use your termy squads of five to surround miphiston and pin him down. this splits up your units and makes it difficult to carry out the tactics laid out overhead. Suggestions are very welcome.