Can Dark Angels Outgun Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Can Dark Angels Regulary beat tau in a all shooting match???

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

8 23.53%
  • NO

26 76.47%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my excperiance Dark Angels can beat tau in a purely shooting game.
    DA
    can be stubborn so they fight to the last man
    weapons are just as good as tau's

DA
    hit on 3- wound on 3 - tau save on 4

TAU
    hit on 4 - wound on 3 -DA save on 3

tau normally outnumber DA 2 to 3

(THE AWNSER IS DA WILL WIN)
    tau players dont take offence there my second favorate race

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course they can! Just because the Tau have the biggest guns and are the wimpiest in CC doesn't mean that you can't beat fire with fire. (Literally)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt vote , purely because it all depents on the role of the dice , but sure they can beat tau shooty but in theory so can orks , but anyway the bolter is a very strong weapon but 3 pulse carbines will still take on 2 bolters , i guess outnumbering is a great advantage to tau players .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut &#33;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

you forgot the kroot factor S4 kroot rifle and BS3... for 7/8 pts....
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure they can&#33;

I win firefights against them every day (I&#39;m Salamanders). And they have to concentrate on other things (like my rhinos and bikes). All I have to do is deploy good enough to keep up the preassure for 3-4 turns. Easy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Tau can normally deploy out of bolter range, in fact most missions make sure their is a 24&#39;&#39; gap between your lines. This puts the bolters out of range for at least one round. The tau can take that opportunity to deal some major death.
    If you take into account the rest of the force Tau can be just as stubborn as dark angels with bonding and an ethereal on the field. Also the Tau heavy support and elites are better suited for ranged combat and tank hunting than what the dark angels have available.
    Its close but I am leaning in favor of Tau.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just comparing pulse rifle and bolter isn&#39;t all that fair, since you fail to take into account railguns, railrifles, pulse carbines (pinning ability), all the different suit armaments, and the railgun&#39;s submunition. In the same turn, you fail to take into account the special weapons in the DA&#39;s squads such as heavy bolters, lascannons and missile launchers, their ordnance(?), and any other lovely toys utilizing melta and plasma.

In any case, I believe Tau can outgun marines simply because there are more of them, at longer-range, and with ordnance support from hammerheads, and with any other goodies such as the railrifle, the marine-killer, (wounds on 2+, AP3.)
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With equal points of FW vs SM yes the DA would win, but any Tau player worth his &#39;ui can beat any SM force that trys to outgun him, simply because SM firepower is not mobile enough. A properly handed Tau army is the second most mobile army in the game, after Eldar (including DE). If you want to beat the Tau with firepower the DA are NOT the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

in an 1700 pts game tau will have round 40 fire warriors , suits and rail rifles, Sm in general have max 50-55 models...... out gun no matther the odds... the emperor will not be pleased...
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau would smash the DA, becaue YoungStonewall said, DA are not mobile enough. They have to be within 12 inches if they want to move and shoot (which is often a very good idea), while Fire Warriors can just blaze away at 30&#39;. Not to mention the oh so mobile crisis suits. Equipped with plasma rifle and missile pod/fusion blaster they can be quite the marine killers. Tau wins hands down.
    Don&#39;t look now... But there&#39;s one man too many in this room and I think it&#39;s you.
    - Julius Henry &quot;Groucho&quot; Marx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast