Minimum / maximum range on tank turrets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minimum / maximum range on tank turrets

An argument that seems to come up is the range on tanks, more about minimum range. People in my group say that a Pred/Razorbacks cannot shoot the men assaulting it. I have to disagree as long as they are in the fire arch then they can be hit. I know from experience that a tank cannot shoot someone three feet infront of it but the rules do not say. Just looking for some insight, Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Yeah, you're right. As long as you can get the models in LoS there is nothing stopping you from shooting them.

You're friends are just cheese hunting, there is no such rule.

The only thing I can think of is, they might think the attacking unit is locked in assaut and that's why you can't shoot but that's wrong. You can't lock a vheicle (except dreads and stuff) in combat. The unit assaulting a vheicle can still be shot at by any unit including the vheicle they're attacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can end up with weird cover save stuff from sponsons though, because tanks count themselves as cover.

+ Reply to Thread