Break it down for me Marnius? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Break it down for me Marnius?

So I wasnt sure if this should go here or rules...

SM squads can break down from 10 to 5 prior to gameplay, yes?

So instead of say... one ten-man squad you get two five-man squads to play with.

Here is my question... do you get to keep the rocket launcher and flamer? I assume yes, since this is AFTER the army list is finalized but BEFORE deployment, but thought I better double check.

My son has two full squads and a 5-man... which could potentially be 5 5-man squads, still with two flamers and two rocket launchers on the table. Against my orks I can see this being a useful tactic..?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Yes, if you combat squad you get to keep any special and heavy weapons you gave to that squad, as it's only done after the game starts. It's a perfectly viable and well used tactic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right on, thanks for confirming!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

People tend to put the SGt and flamer with 3 others and the the ML and 4 others in the second squad.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is what I was thinking... free up the missile launcher to stay put and fire, flamer to move up close.

Speaking of which... we were having this discussion: do all SMs get to ignore Heavy weapon delays because of power armor? Or just Terminators, dreads and vehicles?

IOW, can they fire the missile launcher the turn they moved?

While scouts don't have the power armor... only scout armor so they would still have to hold still to fire sniper rifles and launchers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Just terminators and vehicles - Terminator armour grants the Relentless USR, and vehicles ignore that stuff completely in favour of some other rules for dealing with movement and firing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Carney View Post
    Speaking of which... we were having this discussion: do all SMs get to ignore Heavy weapon delays because of power armor? Or just Terminators, dreads and vehicles?
    No, they can't move and fire heavy weapons. If they want to fire the ML they have to stay still.

The only way around it is to give them some wargear or attach a special charracter that makes them relentles.
    While scouts don't have the power armor... only scout armor so they would still have to hold still to fire sniper rifles and launchers.
    Sniper rifels are heavy weapons so the scouts can't move if they want to shoot.
    if you combat squad you get to keep any special and heavy weapons you gave to that squad, as it's only done after the game starts
    If you're thinking of using combat squads I'll add, if a squad enters the game by drop pod they can seperate into combat squads after they arrive. This is the only time you can do this, any other time you must seperate them during deployment, this also means that the two squads can't ride in the same transport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellent adds, thanks again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

The Combat squad ability is extremely usefull for your space marines. especially in objective games, since it effectively doubles your scoring units and frees up the assault weapon from the heavy weapon. In general you'll have the sarge, assault weapon and 3 extra guys pushing forward while you have the ML with 4 wounds hanging back. but make sure that your combat squads support each other and work in concert with the rest of your army and use the combat tactics/ATSKNF tactic in an effective way!
    If you can, always give a PW/PF to the sarge in combination with a combi weapon to increase the effectiveness of the combat squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just learning the value of the power fist/klaw

My ten year old plays the SM, I have Orks. We picked up the AOBR set and he fell in love with the game instantly. I have not played in over a decade, and it was Epic then... no WH twenty + years

We just played our first objective game. He did not split his squads, but still managed to outscore me by grabbing 2/3 on the sixth turn. I held all three until then!

In my defence, he had a 1900 point Ultramarine army, I had 850 pts in Orks. So I made him keep 2 scout squads and 2 terminator squads in reserve to start, and I got to resurrect squads as reserves.

this is a terrific forum, btw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast