Dawn of War deployment with Infantry Platoons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Dawn of War deployment with Infantry Platoons

it has been bugging me that ppl said ive cheated in the deployment for dawn of war using infantry platoons. Here are some cases i would like your humble statement for the deployment from each of the cases.

Case 1: Infantry Platoon with SWS and/or HWS
    Question: Can I deploy all of them as one single "unit"? these units are counted as separate units?

Case 2: Infantry Platoon with 50 man blob which has Chimera for each 10 men, assuming all the squads are combined.
    Question: I know the whole 50 man cannot board Chimera, what about deployment. Can I deploy them together with the Chimera(s)?

2. Remove Advertisements

16 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

340 (x6)

I don't see anything in the rules that says you can deploy multiple units as a single unit just because they only take up a single force org slot. The rules for Dawn of War say one HQ unit and two Troops units, not one HQ slot and two troops slots.

As for the Chimeras, the dedicated transports also count as a troops unit.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

+ Reply to Thread