Sorting out Khorne Bezerkers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorting out Khorne Bezerkers

How do most people go about sorting out 2 10 man unit of khorne bezerkers in rhinos, I frequently play against them and in all games each unit normally trashes at least 2 of my squads. The first turn is taking up with destroying the rhinos and the next turns I either don't get enough shooting in or they make all their armour saves. In a game I played yesterday it took 3 lascannons, one orbital bombardment, 3 plasma cannons and finally a multi melta to take it out.
    Next turn I shot at the ones I could but in his turn 3 squads of lesser deamons came down and assualted me so that very little fire got through to them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

While I normally reccomend against such units, a group of Assault Terminators would do you in good stead here. Heck, charging them in general with your guys would take a lot of the bite out of their charge against you.

What sort of list do you typically run?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally include plenty of standard troops one terminator squad standard or assualt (5 men) a dreadnought and a Land Raider Redeemer. The problem with assualt terminators is that unless they charge, you strike at the same iniative (furious charge) which means that even if I kill all 10 they willl still all get to attack with lots of attacks and I will probably fail the save.

I did kill them once but that was after they hurt most of my troops I did it by using my redeemer and flaming them, however at the moment I am just thinking of bying some more assualt terminators.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Assault Terminators would do it. Maybe support them with Sternguard or Vindicators, would be quite good against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

additional Heavy support might serve you better rather than more assault troops. A vindicator or two would handle them much quicker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

VINDICATOR VINDICATOR VINDICATOR!!!!!

I know, everyones saying it but that Demolisher Cannon could be really useful for this situation.

Other than that I would highly suggest using Heavy Weapon armed Combat Squads to soak up the charge. just position your troops as follows:

SM= Space Marine S= Sergeant SW= Special Weapon ML= Missile Launcher KB= Khorne Bezerker

SM S SM SM SW

SM SM ML SM SM

KB KB KB KB
    KB KB KB
    KB KB KB KB

This way your Missile Launcher armed Marines will have a clear shot at your opponent's Rhinos early game, and then they of course with more basic Bolter Marines will soak up the charge and get wiped out. This will leave your other Combat Squad (as well as the rest of your army) an extra turn of firing of course in Rapid Fire/ Charge/ Special Weapon range to retaliate on the Khorne Bezerkers who undoubtably just ploughed through your Combat Squad.

This may of course be a little tricky to pill off sometimes, but I have seen it work time after time.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I faught them I used a command squad armed with plasma pistols only and a Captain with plasma pistol power weapon. Killed six before I charged and then the Cpt. killed two more in the assault. They got four wounds I fail two saved one FNP, my squad finished them off. Then they move on the the next squad of ten and this time the Razorback dropped two and my guys dropped five and they didn't get to attack Cpt. killed them. Thats why I use the Command squad to deal with power armor enemies.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Personally, as a marine player with a themed Khorne army on the side this is my advice:
    I like getting in transports (your infantry can't be charged) and then charging them. (Furious assault doesn't work so well now huh? Same Init, same Str!) - yep, he's got a WS one higher and more attacks, but hopefully you shot the bejeesus out of them before charging, right? They pay a lot more for their men, and extra on top of a power weapon for a champion.
    Oh, Sternguard are a very good option (as stated above) - They have one more attack than your typical marine and AP3 shooting.
    Oh, don't forget - Infantry in a rhino you can move out of it and assault IF IT DOES NOT MOVE - you should be peeking out of the top hatch trying to blow up their rhino's when they're not within charge range anyway (Missile Launcher / Lascannon. or Meltagun if they're that close)
    Power weapons are also good. (It's your personal choice between sword or fist - I always prefer the fist for the different initiative, but each to their own)
    Besides, what's the fuss about lesser daemons? They have 1 x ccw, no ranged attacks whatsoever and a 5+ save - two points less than your standard marine makes them, in my opinion a poor choice. (Oh, and fearless means if they lose a combat that's 5+ saves or keep taking models off)
    Oh, and another recommendation - A Venerable / Ironclad Dreadnaught (I prefer the venerable alot more tbh) - It'll grind down bezerkers (beware the power fist - Ironclads are concerned by them ONLY!), and daemons have absolutely no chance of harming it whatsoever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stayscrunchyinmilk View Post
    Besides, what's the fuss about lesser daemons?
    Daemons do not scatter, due to the personal icons that a squad can have, on the turn they deepstrike they can assualt and they normally appear close to my shooty infantry and decause of number of attacks they rip me to shreds.

Vindicator and sternguard both sound good though.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by forthebloodgod View Post
    Daemons do not scatter, due to the personal icons that a squad can have, on the turn they deepstrike they can assualt and they normally appear close to my shooty infantry and decause of number of attacks they rip me to shreds.

Vindicator and sternguard both sound good though.
    Oh, don't worry, I know about the place, don't scatter and charge that happens - I too have some myself.
    However, kill the icons and they don't turn up at all. You still have to get them from reserve too.
    They've got three attacks on a charge - 50% to hit, 50% to wound, then 33% to get through the armour - a 10 man squad will do on average 2.5 casualties
    If they charge a 10 man marine squad - with the sgnt with just pistol & ccw - you do on average 2 kills.
    Their attacks drop after that, and they start getting stuffed.
    (I highly put your men in rhino's - you can't be charged! they charge tank, then you charge / shoot them! This works for the bezerkers too - They don't come with meltaguns / ranged anti tank)
    Charge them and you deny them the extra attack (and the bezerkers furious assault.)

Let's look at a 10 man marine squad rapid firing:
    1.66 dead bezerkers average / 3.33 lesser daemons dead.
    Then they charge you and get extra attacks / furious assault

Bezerkers are just as fragile as marines when hit - let them charge and they'll hit you first and they're a lot better than you when charging.
    Charge them and you both go at the same time, you'll have similar attacks (2 to 3 - better than 1 to 4) and in a ideal world you're shooting with at very least a flamer / melta, if not other squads when you charge them. They stop being so effective when ground down in combat - You really should last into their turn if you charge, stopping them from charging (combat tactics at the end of their combat phase to allow you to shoot them again if the fight isn't going your way)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast