Furioso Dreadnought - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K, so I was wondering if anyone was particularly adept at bringing a Furioso dreadnought to bear. Dreads are slow moving and they stick out like a sore thumb, but the furioso is murder in CC. So, anyone have any nifty tricks for getting them into CC without them dropping in the first turn?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heheh i guess you could hide him behind scenery on the way to assault ! but i guess the risk is something im willing to take with such brilliant CC characteristics . frankly i think moriar is better .
    AE-86 Twin cam corolla . a beaut !

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/imperator-judicium' target='_blank'>Please visit my website . Imperator -=][=- Judicium .</a>

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Mojo.jojo' target='_blank'>LOL &#33; this is one of the funiest videos ive ever seen &#33;</a>

join the librarium-online dawn of war clan <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/librarium/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>

<a href='http://data.forumhoster.com/forum_slayer/index.php?showforum=1' target='_blank'>Check when the next clan game is on here</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Stick a shooting dread in front of him on the way up to take all the hits. Not very cost effective, but it works. I still wouldn’t charge straight into a wall of lascannons or anything.
    The best defense for a furioso is to either deny them LOS, or provide enough tempting targets that they shoot something els.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

As with most assault oriented things in the space marine army, they&#39;re better on defense. Don&#39;t ask me why it works like that, but GW apparantly thinks that 6" movement crosses 30" of playing space quickly

Same thing with terminators, they&#39;re the shock troops of the SMs yet they&#39;re better left in the rear in actual gameplay. I very rarely use a furioso due to it dying first turn usually and without hull down it&#39;s pretty useless and easy to kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m no BA player but I do like getting my own Dreds into HtH, theres nothing like a S10 hit from a PowerFist at Ini: 4 or is it 5 hmmmmm, anyway I usually screen it with a Vindicator and run a decoy with bikes. This draws the attention away from the lumbering Dred coming forward to wreak havoc on weak enemy units. I once achieved the HtH combat and watched a Demon Prince become nothing but a pile of goop after going into HtH with the charging Dred. It was soooo amusing.

Good Gaming
    Invicticus
    Current Armies:
    Ultramarines (4000pts)
    Current form: 4-1-0
    Win vs Orks (1000pts)
    Draw vs Orks (1000pts)
    Win vs Space Wolves (1000pts)

Dark Eldar (1000pts)
    Current form: 3-0-1
    Loss vs Imperial Guard (1000pts)
    Win vs Chaos, Slaanesh (1000pts)
    Win vs Orks (1000pts)
    Win vs Space Wolves (1000pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a phrase: Deep-Strike them.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

This is why the machine god created drop pods
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

either use Moriar, or convert over to Flesh Tearers so that you can use Death Company dreadnoughts

Member of the Fluffmasters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

I think he was looking for official rule ideas not forgeworld "barely even tested" ideas. Drop pods are not legal until the new codex, so for right now they&#39;re not a useful option

Moriar is prob your best bet since the fleshtearers arent very good compared to the blood angels.

If you&#39;re playing against an army that comes to you then it&#39;s useful. 2str 10 hits from a normal dread isnt very dangerous considering a vet sarg gets more attacks, and just 3 from a furioso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Actually, since they are in Codex SM they are legal
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast