Vendetta Stand - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vendetta Stand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Vendetta Stand

Good day and Happy New Year!

I am planning on buying several vendettas this year and was thinking about their stands, the GW one that is supplied lifts them up to a relatively open area every time it is used.
    I was thinking about making a telescoping stand that if I choose I could land the craft or position it as I desire in between turns.

Also as I see this vehicle, the wings and tail do not count towards being shot at, it is only the hull that counts? Please shed some light on this for me. I have never played new IG and my previous army had Wave Serpents, that have amazingly large hulls as is that gave me a lot of trouble.

What would the rules say about this? and what do you think.
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRussian View Post
    Good day and Happy New Year!

I am planning on buying several vendettas this year and was thinking about their stands, the GW one that is supplied lifts them up to a relatively open area every time it is used.
    I was thinking about making a telescoping stand that if I choose I could land the craft or position it as I desire in between turns.

Also as I see this vehicle, the wings and tail do not count towards being shot at, it is only the hull that counts? Please shed some light on this for me. I have never played new IG and my previous army had Wave Serpents, that have amazingly large hulls as is that gave me a lot of trouble.

What would the rules say about this? and what do you think.
    Cheers
    Wings and tail do count for enemies shooting at it and it would be illegal to use a custom base that gave you any kind of advantage (e.g. making it harder for the enemy to see your model, or giving your model a cover save when otherwise it wouldn't get one.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Yah sorry but you're not allowed to model for advantage, like making an ork trukk 3" wide and 18" long, then depoying it sideways, rotating it 90 degrees for extra movement jumping out and assaulting turn 1.

Or making a daemon prince short so he can hide out of LOS behind a rhino.

Changing the firepoint spots on vehicles to give the guys inside better shots.

Converting dreadnoughts so their arms are longer and stretched out directly in front of them to give the heavy flamer range.

Modeling for an advantage is against the rules. Yours is not a bad case of it, that base is stupidly high compared to other 40k things but rules are rules.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    221 (x4)

the vendeta is a flyer, if it was a skimmer it would be fine on a lower base
    My ToP - raven gaurd <- cliky
    Raven Guard W/13 D/7 L/5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jonojoe View Post
    the vendeta is a flyer, if it was a skimmer it would be fine on a lower base
    No the valkyrie used to be a flyer in the olf IA books, when it was introduced to Codex: Imperial Guard armies and the vendetta was first created and added alongside it they became skimmers.

Also sorry @WhiteRussian if in my first post I came across as an arse hole, that was not my intention and looking back at it now I realise I may have come across that way.

The Emperor Protects
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Or making a daemon prince short so he can hide out of LOS behind a rhino.
    Unless the Daemon Prince's name is Mephiston.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Yah sorry but you're not allowed to model for advantage, like making an ork trukk 3" wide and 18" long, then depoying it sideways, rotating it 90 degrees for extra movement jumping out and assaulting turn 1.
    This isn't something I ever worried about previously, but I remember that it was perfectly legal once-upon-a-time since the rule was you couldn't base something smaller than what it comes with. However, I don't remember GW making a rule that you can't make things bigger. Is that in 5th? I mainly ask because a lot of folks have extra-wide Leman Russ tracks among oother things that do make them better for providing cover for those behind them...
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

I dont have my rulebook with me at the moment, but I beleive that at the beginning before the core rules begin where it tells you about the #1 rule of having fun and other such nonsense (:p) it tells you to use the bases models are supplied with.

The Emperor Protects

+ Reply to Thread