Assualt Librarian? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assualt Librarian?

I made a Librarian and gave him a jetpack and attched him to an Assault Squad. What are some possible strategies for this unit? Ive been using them to surround and destroy my friend's carnifexes. But would they be good against other armies besides Bugs?

Last edited by Cridkid; January 13th, 2011 at 04:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had once considered a Lybrarian as a cheap HQ but to be honest, they are an iffy unit that can easily be miss-used. Think very carefully about what powers you give them as they can only use one per turn unless upgraded and you will find yourself using the same power over and over as they fill their tactical role (of your choice), this gives your opponent a chance to adapt.

I have mine in Dread armour (when I do rarely use him) and when loaded into a front line Land Raider, he can tie up elites and above and kill most of them. My personall preference is to use Charicters as leaders (re-named of course) and attach to a specific unit.

Other than that, see this post
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...oints-not.html
    Last edited by Lynchpin; January 13th, 2011 at 09:24. Reason: More Info
    For the Kir'La Sept, For the Ta'Ro'Cha, For the Survival the Galaxy against the Great Devourer. - Shas'O 'Dark Fire' Skilled Tyranid Hunter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

There are a few powers that pair well with Assault Marines, but they depend largely on you opponent. The Avenger is always a good choice, especially against Orks and Nids, while Smite and Vortex are awesome against more elite enemies. Null Zone can be game breaking against some opponents (Deamons most prominently), but useless against others. But I think that Force Dome might be the best because it provides them saves not only against the big guns who are trying to stop you getting into combat (like Battle Cannon shots) but also helps against power weapons in combat. The only one that really doesn't mesh well at all is Gate, but all the others are great, if sometimes situational.

It sounds like you play Nids the most though, so i would say take Nullz Zone for protection against Rending, TMCs, etc, and take either the Avenger (so that you put down 3 flame templates from that squad) or Might of the Ancients, so you actually have a good chance to get a wound (and then Instant Death) a Monstrous Creature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always saw a librarian as the shooty/ranged side of the support HQ's. A chaplain seems better suited for an assault squad, what with the invulnerable save and buffing the whole squad. How do they do with carnifexes? I'd personally shoot them with my tanks to be safe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Librarians aren't that great in Assault really. No inv save, power armour and only 2 wounds makes them a bit of a joke.

Might of the Ancients is good as it gives you a relic blade and lets you ounch through vehicles.

The Avenger is awesome for getting more kills on the way in, especially against marines.

Null Zone is probably best left to a mechanised Librarian, it's awesome but doesn't really fit the job.

Force Dome is fine for the 5++ but it will only rarely come in useful. Good secondary power to use while you get in position though.

Remember Force Weapon ID is a power so you can't use it with Might of Ancients or Quickening, which is a shame really.

My choice? Force Dome+Might of Ancients. Force Dome on the way in and against very tough units with lots of power weapons. Might save your ass from a Lascannon or two which will in turn persuade people not to shoot at you with those guns! MotA to let your unit tear apart vehicles and power armoured enemies (3+ to hit, 2+ to kill is awesome, just ask Grey Knight Terminators!)

+ Reply to Thread