Nitrokitty hits the jackpot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Nitrokitty hits the jackpot

So my Tau friend, the one I usually play against, has been making noises about moving up to Apocalypse level games eventually. I figured the best way to bulk up my list would be to get a Baneblade to eat up a bunch of points. Plus, I'm a major treadhead, which is what drew me to the Guard in the first place.

I've been browsing Ebay every now and then, not that aggressively, just checking to see if a good deal came along. Last month, I won an opened, but unassembled, Baneblade kit up for auction for about 60 bucks plus shipping. However, when the kit came, I found out the guy had made a mistake. The kit contained two sprues for the right-hand tread assembly, instead of one for the right and one for the left. I emailed the guy about it, and he said he'd searched around and found that he'd mixed up the sprues with another Baneblade kit he had. He said he'd mail it to me.

Now, I thought he meant he'd send me the sprue I needed.

He sent me the whole freaking kit.

That's right, I ended up with two Baneblades for about 2/3rds the price of a new one. The second kit was slightly broken, but was nothing I couldn't fix. I'm feeling pretty giddy right now and thought I'd share. Cheers!

Anyways, since this is what I have now, I figured my 3000 point list would just be my usual 2000 point list plus the two baneblades. Is fielding two of these things overkill?

House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overkill? In a Guard army? I believe you're nutters, sir.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Likan Wolfsheim View Post
    Overkill? In a Guard army? I believe you're nutters, sir.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can never have too much firepower in a guard army, just watch out for any melta weapons- when some one rolls 6,6,5 on the damage table a nasty soft landing ensues, and a rather large hole where your baneblade once was...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by madmek View Post
    you can never have too much firepower in a guard army, just watch out for any melta weapons- when some one rolls 6,6,5 on the damage table a nasty soft landing ensues, and a rather large hole where your baneblade once was...
    That there is a situation where you would make a grown man cry. Perhaps it would be an idea to make a custom meltagun wield Guardsmen with a Trollface. Then when the moment arrives for him to ruin someones day... your opponent will smash that model into bits.

Or buy a trollface mask? Seriously I have too much fun with schadenfreude...
    The above comments do not reflect the views of the author. They are based on ignorance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your friend getting Apoc-wise for his Tau? I'm a big Tau Apoc player and if he has the money to invest in the FW flyers you might have your work cut out for you if you dont have any anti air. The Tau Tiger shark is prolly the best superheavy hunter in the game. Its main gun is a twin linked Str D AP1 ord 1 shot. Str D and ap 1 means he is getting Plus 2 on the penetrating table so only needs a 4 to take out a structure point and get another roll on the table. If he isnt going that route then your baneblades should do pretty good against his ground forces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Not sure if he's getting any of the FW stuff. I think he's just planning on fielding a buttload of suits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then I am sure that your baneblades will enjoy blowing large chunks of suits up with huge instant death templates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then I am sure that your baneblades will enjoy blowing large chunks of suits up with huge instant death templates
    never be too smug about that- tau can use an asset thingy that means that most of their army can deep strike without scattering. when your team is doing well it can put the brakes on a well laid plan, hmmm pity they picked on me as the other baneblades were deployed amongst other tanks ( and the tau battlesuits didn't even stand a chance of killing them all in time).

i was thinking about buying a stormblade it looks cool and has a slightly larger weapon (ok it might not have the hull mounted demolisher cannon) but having a big plasma weapon that will get rid of things in short order is good in my book. Plus it is a contrast to my baneblade and i have never built anything from forgeworld so it would be a challenge...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by madmek View Post
    never be too smug about that- tau can use an asset thingy that means that most of their army can deep strike without scattering. when your team is doing well it can put the brakes on a well laid plan, hmmm pity they picked on me as the other baneblades were deployed amongst other tanks ( and the tau battlesuits didn't even stand a chance of killing them all in time).
    Having played against him a lot, I have a healthy amount of respect and fear for Tau battlesuits. They can be really nasty when used by somebody who knows what they're doing, and he certainly does. Insta-deepstriking fusion armed suits next to my tanks could really ruin my day. He also favors Broadsides, and brings plenty of markerlights, which means that a buch of STR 10 AP 1 BS 5 railguns that can ignore cover saves are all going to be pointed at my tanks. Granted, at AV 14 it's not a sure thing, but it can still make things unpleasant.

+ Reply to Thread