Red And Black Scheme. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that GW "makes" you believe that you can paint what you like, whatever color you like, however I feel that sometimes its best to follow fluff set about by GW and paint in accordance with their blah blah blah. So i want to do a black/red motif...sort of like the traitor guard i see in lost and damned...now would i be able to use said color scheme, fluffly mind you, in a regular old IG army? I just love the look of them, but I dont want to unfluffly mess with the chaos gods and the emperor. and in case you must know, i do want to make this IG army tournament legal, which is why i'm really more or less interested in this....not just casual play. Thanks much in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i think it'd unfluffy. Imperial guard uniforms are always camoflage, while black and red is more the dark, chaos, traitor side of things. You could however simply make a traitor army that follows th ig codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Originally posted by Chaotic one@Oct 2 2004, 02:15
    Personally i think it'd unfluffy. Imperial guard uniforms are always camoflage, while black and red is more the dark, chaos, traitor side of things. You could however simply make a traitor army that follows th ig codex.
    [snapback]222202[/snapback]
    tell that to the Mordians.

you can make them what ever the hell you want. just say they come from a planet that has alot of lava.

if you want them to be traitors, but use IG rules. that's 100% ok.

if you want them to just be IG with red/black uniforms. that's 100% ok.
    and besides as for any nonsense that IG only where camo. just say they work for an Inquisitor, they seem to be all about red/black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can grab a look at the Imperial Guard Codex, check out the different paint schemes on the middle pages. In the bottom right hand corner is an almost entirely red Cadian from the 85th Cadian "Firedrakes". You could follow this paint scheme or alternatively modify it a little if you really wish to incorporate black - maybe by painting the breastplate black?

Whatever you do, the main thing to remember is that you find a scheme you think is cool and enjoy the painting process. Other than that, good luck with the tourneys...***
    <span style='color:blue'>Exist.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Its a good thing IG "experts" like you guys exist. I&#39;ll do whatever I want...cause i&#39;m playing God here. I&#39;ll paint them clown colors if i want. I just didn&#39;t want any bull-crap people yelling at me telling me my guard are losers. Tell that to my hellgun buddy&#33; Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AHHH&#33;&#33;&#33; Dont take my scheme my IG army is uses red and black for their uniforms :blink: :unsure: :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

The wonderful thing about the Guard as opposed to Space Marines is that you can paint them any damn colour you want... You can paint your Cadians blue and white if you like... or your Catachans red... and still make it fluffy...
    You could say that your Cadians are operating as a police force or urban enforcers or something...

There are NO restrictions... The same goes for minis... you can use any type of IG mini in your army as long as you have a good fluff reason and paint them to match each other...

Emperor help me, I love the Imperial Guard&#33;
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

Originally posted by BobaHat@Oct 4 2004, 09:49
    Emperor help me, I love the Imperial Guard&#33;
    [snapback]223339[/snapback]

Amen brother&#33;&#33; Preach it&#33;&#33; :lol:

+ Reply to Thread