Chaplains and DC Dreadnoughts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaplains and DC Dreadnoughts?

So I have lost my BRB, and had an idea come up, but I have no way to confirm it. Can an IC like a Reclusiarch or Chaplain, join a DC Dread, and allow the Dread to benefit from his Liturgies of Blood?

Nothing like this has ever come up for me, so I have never needed to look it up. But the possibilities could be awesome, imagine a DC Dread with Blood Talons that gets to re-roll hits and wounds!!! And then you have to wonder if the extra generated attacks would also get to benefit from it!?

Anyway not really trying to be super cheesy just thought it would be kinda fun to try out. Let me know if this is possible please.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Granted, that would be awesome! But no, you can't do that.

BRB page 48: ".... cannot join units that always consist of a single model (like most vheicles and monstrous creatures)..."
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Which is hilarious, because if you read that literally then you could totally join him to a land speeder, as they are bought in squadrons of 1-3.

Not a bad idea, actaully. Give him a Jump pack so he can keep up, and use his invul save to help keep the fire off of the speeder(s).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    Which is hilarious, because if you read that literally then you could totally join him to a land speeder, as they are bought in squadrons of 1-3.

Not a bad idea, actaully. Give him a Jump pack so he can keep up, and use his invul save to help keep the fire off of the speeder(s).
    That would be fun but no, can't do that either.

BRB page 48: "They cannot join vheicle squadrens."

I just skipped that bit because it didn't apply to the question.
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Inspired by chrispcarters' apocalypse datasheed thread and the forge world chaplain dreadnought I've descided to create a.......
    Death Dread apocalypse formation.

Blood Angels Apocalypse Datasheet - Rhetoric of Steel
    75pts + models

More than simple walking war machines, a chapters Dreadnoughts are living relics, reminders of the chapters glorious past and keepers of tradition. Honoured heros of legend whose mortal form was shattered but whose warrior spirit lives on undimmed by the ruin of his physical body. Incased in their towering, immortal bodys of steel and doom they become symbols of hope and inspiration to their brothers on the battlefield, aswell as figures of terror and dread for their enemys.

Chaplains are the spiritule guardians of their chapter. In war, the Chaplains are fearsome warrior-priests, always found at the heart of the battle inspiring their brothers to ever greater deeds and inspiring dread in the foe with their rousing sermon and righteous fury.

When a Chaplain falls on the field of battle but refuses to die before he has seen all of his enemys die before him, he may be placed into the andmantium sarcophagus of a Dreadnaught and allowed to fight on in a new form.

If a Chaplains rhetoric and fury were the stuff of terror and awe when he was in his mortal form, in his new form he is truley a force of nature on the battlefield.

Among the children of Sanguinius, it is a Chaplains duty to tend to those brothers overtaken by the Black-Rage and guide their fury in battle. This duty remains once encased within the andmantium sarcophagus of a Dreadnaught. The Chaplain will now guide his chapters Death Company Dreadnoughts in battle and direct their fury towards the dammed souls that would dare stand against such a foe.

Unit composition. 1 Chaplain Dreadnought and 1-4 Death Company Dreadnoughts. (must have five death company models in your army for each death company dreadnought or pay an extra 50pts per death company dreadnought)

Chaplain Dreadnought: WS7, BS5, S7, F13, S12, R10, I5 A3(4)
    Options: (see Blood Angels codex: Furioso Dreadnought)

SPECIAL RULES

Liturgies of Blood.

Honour of the Chapter.

Fleet.

Furious Charge.

None can stay my wrath.

Black Rage.

Holy protection: The Chaplain Dreadnought has a 5+inv save on all glancing and penertrating hits.

Guardian of the Lost: All Death Company Dreadnoughts in the formation must be deployed within 6" of the Chaplain Dreadnought, or if coming on from reserve, they must enter the table within 6" of the point entered by the Chaplain Dreadnought.

Inspiration in Battle: The chaplain Dreadnoughts' Liturgies of Blood and Honour of the Chapter special rules effect all friendly Spacemarine units within 6" of the Chaplain Dreadnought.
    Last edited by SkyDog; January 19th, 2011 at 22:23.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
    (must have five death company models in your army for each death company dreadnought or pay an extra 50pts per death company dreadnought)
    You could get rid of this as all restrictions are removed in Apocalpse.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    You could get rid of this as all restrictions are removed in Apocalpse.
    Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread