Lord Commissars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lord Commissars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord Commissars

So I want my 1HQ for my 1500 point army to be a Lord Commissar, and from what I can find the Lord Commissar model only really has one pose, Bolt Pistol and a Sword. I was wondering what I should do to make my HQ unique and I decided I wanted to model out my Lord Commissar having just shot a weak guardsman for cowardice, the question is... which Commissar model should I use that's would require the least modding?

I'm not very good with green stuff, so I don't want a massive mod, probably a slightly larger base and rotating the commissars gun.

That leads me to another question before I model this commissar. What gear should he get? I plan to assign him to my Veterans Squad and he will ride with them, just not sure what to equip him with.

I wish I had my own Jurgen aide...

Only the dead know the true cost of war.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Get a regular commissar, paint him fancy, and run him as is. Job done. If you want to get serious about it, then you can chop off the limbs and kitbash, but I don't recommend it unless you really, really know what you're doing.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Imperial Guard Commissar with Bolt Pistol | Games Workshop

The pewter figs can be bent somewhat. Be gentle and you could bend his arm so it pointed 45 degrees downwards using a pair of pliers, or even your fingers. Then get a larger base and put a dead sergeant at his feet. However I think it'd look over dramatic. What I'd do is just position him with the gun always pointed at the sergeant's head. I think that'd be a lot funnier. Then you can make "*blam* *gurgle gurgle gurgle*" noises when he is forced to execute someone.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

If you're running him with Veterans then a plasma pistol would be a good choice. Maybe melta bombs, too, for inspiring/stupid "Death or Glory" stunts. I doubt he needs anything more.

Besides, I like the image of Lord Commisars executing cowards with plasma instead of bolts. Won't be hard to model, either, just a snip and replace. You could even model the executed Guardsman as a blob of fireplace ashes mixed with wood glue, with a helmet on top. Easy!
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    If you're running him with Veterans then a plasma pistol would be a good choice. Maybe melta bombs, too, for inspiring/stupid "Death or Glory" stunts. I doubt he needs anything more.

Besides, I like the image of Lord Commisars executing cowards with plasma instead of bolts. Won't be hard to model, either, just a snip and replace. You could even model the executed Guardsman as a blob of fireplace ashes mixed with wood glue, with a helmet on top. Easy!
    I like that idea! The visual actually made me giggle out loud a bit.
    House Crocotta - Imperial Guard 4000
    Tomb World Sheol - Necron 2000

Imperial Guard Tactics - The Art of Big Scary Distractions: Part 1 Part 2

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

For gameplay reasons I'd try to avoid making the base too large, which is the main challenge with scenic bases on a 25mm round space. I like the ashes idea for that reason. Another idea would be to drill a hole in the forehead of a helmet for that classic "Found Wanting" moment. I always imagine a bolt pistol between the eyes for that... or one in the back if someone ran.

Edit: Actually, screw that. You shoot the coward in the leg first, then one to the dome when they beg for mercy!
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread