Dark Angels Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Dark Angels Question

I'm experimenting with the idea of building a Death Wing Army. What are people's opinions on load outs for Death Wing Terminator squads?

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Give all of them Hammers and Shields, and 1 guy in each squad a Cyclone Launcher. Since the new FAQ came out, they're pretty well the best terminators out there with that combination.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Seconded. Go full 5 x TH/SS with 1 x Cyclone mounted on one of them. Bear in mind that even after the FAQ update, the Codex still intended Deathwing to be fielded with Ravenwing support and honestly, it's the only way you're going to get reliably anti-tank into the army.

Two small Ravenwing Attack Squadrons with 2 x Meltaguns will sort you out. They also come equipped with Locator Beacons and have Scout, meaning you are able to Deathwing Assault half your squads on the first turn exactly where you want them - close to the enemy!

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

Ah, there's other squads than 5x THSS and a cyclone, here are some of mine:
    Assault (mix of THSS and L Claws) and H Flamer
    # You can also, after getting belial upgrade one to a apothecary. For FNP Terminators. (that makes the other option, giving them the standard, thus +1 attack each not so great, but i think it is also very viable.
    I wouldn't pass on some lightening claws - at least a sprinkling. I'd go for each marine being different if possible (TH sgnt and TH marine is fine) so you can allocate wounds out more efficiently

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

If there's anything that the new BA codex has taught me, it's that you cannot go wrong with TH/SS Terminators with FNP.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    Seconded. Go full 5 x TH/SS with 1 x Cyclone mounted on one of them. Bear in mind that even after the FAQ update, the Codex still intended Deathwing to be fielded with Ravenwing support and honestly, it's the only way you're going to get reliably anti-tank into the army.

Two small Ravenwing Attack Squadrons with 2 x Meltaguns will sort you out. They also come equipped with Locator Beacons and have Scout, meaning you are able to Deathwing Assault half your squads on the first turn exactly where you want them - close to the enemy!
    I had actually intended to go with bike support, at least as a means of delivering meltas and teleport homers. Thanks for the feedback folks.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

I disagree. I think having cyclone launchers and thunder hammers *everywhere* makes for an excellent anti-tank setup.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    Bear in mind that even after the FAQ update
    Wait...what FAQ update? I've been playing my IG and WFB lately, haven't touched my deathwing in months...did DA get a new FAQ, or what? And it sounds like whatever new FAQ it is brings all DA wargear in line with C:UM (no doubt forcing DA players who haven't already done so to buy another book...), so FNP instead of ignoring plasma for the apos, 3++ storm shields, and so on? If that's the case, my favorite army is officially broken...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

The DA and BT both got FAQ updates to bring them in line with the other space marine codices. No, you don't have to buy another book, just print the FAQ off the internet. Heres a link: http://http://www.games-workshop.com...ersion_1_1.pdf New stuff should be in red.
    Tau Empire: We never stop hiding from you

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    And it sounds like whatever new FAQ it is brings all DA wargear in line with C:UM, so FNP instead of ignoring plasma for the apos, 3++ storm shields, and so on? If that's the case, my favorite army is officially broken...
    Yep, that's exactly it. Some other minor changes (Smoke Launchers, etc) but yes. This also means that Dark Angels officially have the best Land Speeder in the game now.

Land Speeder with Multi-Melta and Typhoon Missile Launcher, you say? Only 75 points, you say? YES PLEASE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast