Best wolf lord build - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best wolf lord build

I'm soon to be starting with space wolves and am wondering what are good builds for wolf lords. On paper, one which looks good is:

- Thunderwolf mount
    - power fist
    - storm shield
    - runic armour
    - saga of the beastslayer

S10, 5 attacks, t5, 2+ armour and 3+ inv as well as preferred enemy against all the big stuff for 225 points. Comments and suggestions welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Thats a lot of points for 1 model - is my view.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

He is worth it, I consistently have a Lord on a T-wolf clear out 500+ points on his own. My build is more expensive however:

Wolf Lord
    -T-Wolf
    -Runic Armor
    -Storm Shield
    -Thunder Hammer
    -Saga of the Bear

If you are paying 200+ points for a model, better make him immune to instant death. Saga of the Beast Slayer is unnecessary. He is str 10 and will mow through a Monstrous Creature in about one round anyways. The Power fist is also kinda meh. Better just get a Thunder Hammer. If for some reason you don't murder what you are trying to, it will strike at the same initiative (or be stunned if it is a vehicle) in the next assault phase.

This guy tops in at a ridiculous 260 points. I only use him in friendly games however, as he will go down pretty easily against a Tournament list.
    Last edited by Wolf Guard; January 30th, 2011 at 20:56.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like p-fist as when not a wolf lord I can use it as Thunderwolf cavalry in smaller games. The way I see it, if you can't kill a MC in 1 turn you're dead anyway, so I try to kill it as fast as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's definitely worth it. Virtually unkillable (takes about 15 Lascannon shots to take down, 30 missile shots, or well over 100 bolter shots!!!!) and should easily be able to take most units out alone. Try using 4 of them in the same list and laugh all the way to the win! Just another example of the pure brokenness of Space Wolves

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

I have and they dont win - 4 of them is 1000 points - what is the rest of your army. How long will the little remain troops you have last so no objectives for you aka the best you can get is a draw
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a more pertinent question is how long will the enemy troops last?

You're right that it's seriously unbalanced and will destroy some lists and really struggle against others, just like all Land Raider lists for example. Contesting objectives should be easy and troops aren't even needed in annihilation. Just go for a wipeout.

I think SM Captains should have some better defensive upgrades. T5 is almost as good as Eternal Warrior and makes you immune to Powerfists, Missiles, Lascannons and more! Not that it matters as you can get Eternal warrior for a stupid small point cost anyway!

Though at the end of the day, the Wolf Librarian is eminently more spamable. Living Lolning, Jaws of the Lol Wolf, Murderous Lol (or whatever the cover save power is).

+ Reply to Thread