Inducting Some Of Your Forces For Mine. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello IG players, I am currently running an 1850pt pure Grey Knight force and decided to spice things up with some inducted guard. I have been looking at 3 Sentinels and Lemun Russ Battle Tank backed by some healthy sized troop choices with several heavy weapons to achieve this goal while increasing the lethality of my army.

Ok, down to the point of this post. I ordered the IG codex today and trimmed my list to 1250pts leaving the core of my GN force and was wondering if I can get the items described for 600pts with all the bells and whistles? I would wait for my codex but I am really impatient and would like to start securing some models so any comments as to my choices and perhaps alternative units would be appreciated.

I will be using my DH dex as the base of my army for now.

Thanks....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

600 points? hmm...

imo, the best thing inducted guard can bring to a GK force is
    1. numbers
    2. anti tank
    3. Russ

in that order.

personally i'd omit the sentinels. they look cool, i use them in my IG force, but they're not required in a GK force and you'd probalby be better off taking a GK dread instead of 3 sentinels.

as for the anti tank. i'd take two platoons of two squads each. that will give you 50 guys and 4 Lascannons (one in each squad, none in the command sqauds).

it'll run you around 420 points. then you can easily fit in a Russ after that. the total will be below 600 points and you'll get

numbers (50 guys)
    anti tank (4 lascannons)
    Russ (.. Russ)

and with the few extra points you could stick in Mortars in the command squads (cuase you'll wanna keep them out of LOS), or some Plasmaguns or Grenade Launchers in the squads for an added punch.

hope this helps

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that’s some good info.

50 men. Let me say that again "50", that’s amazing especially if they have 4 Lascannon’s hidden in there ranks. (Y) I do have 2 dreads planned out because there already painted and really scare the hell out of people.

Thanks for the response it was very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with BoxANT in regards to the troops, and the weapons choices. However, rather than a Leman Russ I think you should consider a Basilisk. Stick it right at the back of the board (beside your Command HQ, and mortars if you take them) and have it pummell your oppositions army. If you get first turn, imagine the ordnance landing in his deployment zone?

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it...***
    <span style='color:blue'>Exist.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the replie.

Well the problem is that the DH codex only allows for the 0-1 Russ and only the standard variant or I would have 3 Bassies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah right I see. Then take a Leman Russ, with the mighty battlecannon, hull mounted lascannon with sponson heavy bolters. A gun for every season, if you will...***
    <span style='color:blue'>Exist.</span>

+ Reply to Thread