Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, im going for 100% WYSIWYG. So after trolling ebay I got 40 grey hunters for $40 so im stocked, half came in today and I started building.
I came across a torso which has a cape of fur which flows down from his back to his feet. And so I gave those 2 models the power weapon and bolt pistols. But my question is.... are they the torso's for wolf guards?
Also, I cant find any dang melta guns with the space pup iconography on it, should I just use a normal marine one?
And the third question is a bout fluff. My background fluff is three rune priests gathering and got a vision about a great hunt. So they assembled some of the space wolves to follow then, and more came in the hope of fame etc. etc.
So, what should I paint on their shoulder pads? I dont want to go with the normal one which everyone uses, I want to maybe go with a different unique color.
Any input would be great. Thanks.
Want to start Tyranids? http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1799921 AND http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t-builder.html
1. Use them for whatever. As long as we can tell the units apart on the table, people will be happy....and that really just takes differently painted shoulderpads or something.
2. Normal special weapons are just fine - we need to know that the meltagun's a meltagun, we don't care if it's a SW or BT or DA specific meltagun....though if it's another chapter's, you may want to take a knife and scrape off their iconography. :p
3. Something runic or questy would seem appropriate, under the circumstances.
I suggest using the models with bolt pistols and power weapons as grey hunters. For Wolf Guard, give them power fists and combi-meltas and put them in grey hunter packs. That way each grey hunter pack has two weapons which ignore armor, and have the capability to take down vehicles and monstrous creatures in close combat. You will clobber other marine armies if used correctly.
Once a Marine, always a Marine.
1. I don't recall a WG model with a long fur cape. If its plastic, its just from a SW kit. I use mine on pack members which would be different from the rest, either carrying a special weapon or a powered one. Throw it on whomever you'd like
2. Space Wolves Accessories Frame | Games Workshop
I don't recall if there's anything "wolfy" about the meltagun, but the plastic SW kits have small enough pieces to glue onto it. The plastic is soft enough to carve runes into it with a sharp hobby knife. Just be careful, though, as I don't want to be blamed if you cut yourself :}
3. Maybe each of the three rune priests has a rune accosiated with them, and these runes are arranged as a "pack marking" for the packs that follow? There's a good guide on painting glowing runes Modelling and Painting Chaos Details: Page 3 | Chaos Space Marine Articles | Armies of Warhammer 40,000 Articles | Games Workshop
Last edited by SheBeast76; February 26th, 2011 at 17:27. Reason: typo(s)
#1 and #2 have been accurately answered for you.
As for #3, I would suggest an eye perhaps. After all, they did have a vision, didn't they?
Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.
Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]
How about using an ansuz rune for them? It is associated with Odin who discovered the runes. It could symbolize their own shamanic ritual where that received their vision.