Couple IG questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple IG questions

Hello IG players...

I love playing IG(even if only a few times so far)!!! The options of how to field an army are to many to count and the tactical possibilities are amazing... so,

I am new to IG and have only played a few games but I have a few questions as I am starting to figure the army out:

1.) How do the squadron rules affect the ability of the enginseer to repair immobilized vehicles? Does the codex have any chance of trumping the squadron rule? I am guessing No? Sooo,

I am going to suggest a friendly rule for this next game along the lines of: if the squad remains close to the damaged vehicle(so as not having to leave it behind/destroy it according to the fluff...) as long as they do not abandon it, the techpriest has a chance to repair it. If the squad moves out of coherency at any time, before the repair is accomplished, the vehicle is destroyed as per the squadron rules (Sometimes you just have to move and leave the vehicle behind if under fire or something???).

2.) Does the "Lumbering Behemoth" rule allow a battle tank to fire the ordinance gun AND a hull lascannon or sponson weapon in addition? What if it moves combat speed, main gun (ordinance) plus 1 other(say, hull lascannon in addition...)?

Thanks for the input,
    Todd

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, and welcome to the Guard.

As to your questions, in friendly games somebody might let you do that, but that's up to your gaming group. The second question is a little easier to answer, yes you may fire the lascannon, but only if you hadn't moved before. I believe the normal rules for ordinance state that the ordinance weapon is the only weapon you can ever fire, even when you're stationary. Lumbering Behemoth allows you to always fire the turret weapon and other weapons regardless if the turret weapon is ordinance, it still however follows the same rules for moving and shoot. Hope that helps!
    My pre-game strategy: Unit A will outflank, Unit B will give supporting fire, and Unit C will advance slowly as Batteries A,B & C pound away at the enemy
    What actually happens: All units fix bayonets and charge!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

The poster above me is incorrect. Lumbering Behemoth allows you to fire the turret weapon in addition to the weapons you are normally able to fire given your move distance. The rule says exactly what it means and means exactly what it says.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then people have been screwing me over... bastards...
    My pre-game strategy: Unit A will outflank, Unit B will give supporting fire, and Unit C will advance slowly as Batteries A,B & C pound away at the enemy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I was also thinking... so to be more clear:
    Stationary; fire all weapons (even if turret is ordinance)
    Move Combat speed; fire turret gun (even if ordinance) + 1 additional weapon allowed by combat movement rules??? (hull lascannon/flamer OR sponson) + defensive weapons (pintle stubber...)

So basically they fire 2? weapons (ordinance included) + defensive weapons on the move instead of one, yes?

I know they can fire defensive weapons on the move, no question there..., I guess I am still not sure on the additional offensive weapon (is Gir8491 right?), as combat movement only allows a single weapon to fire normally (which would be the turret in this case I think...) Although I hope I am wrong and an "additional" weapon can be fired on the move
    Last edited by warhammerpainters; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See I thought that the turret counted as the additional weapon too at first but now that I've reread it, it definitely states "in addition" so that means essentially that the turret is free and you can fire one main weapon, like a hull weapon, and also all the defensive ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo Hoo!!!! Thanks guys!!!

That makes it so much better then, AND I also realized I can fire and move in the first place with ordinance, AND I wasn't even playing the Lumbering Behemoth at all, I was forgetting I even had it!!

I was getting screwed by if I moved at all, we werent letting me fire ordinance period (we were playing it like ordinance barrage...), so I switched my lists to Eradicator and Executioner with Heavy 1 weapons...

Well now, I guess I get a few points back from the Executioner then!!! So the battle tanks are pretty much... well, Awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Yes. Now you have it down.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gir8491 View Post
    Then people have been screwing me over... bastards...
    Yes thay have. I would immediately demand retroactive dinners/
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will, not that I would have been much a game changer ever. Just nice to not get cheated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast