Predators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Witch do you prefer? And what sponsons do you normally equip them with?

The ultimate anti tank vehicle is obviously the Annihilator with lascannon equipped sponsons.
    But isn’t a Destructor equipped with lascannons just as deadly?

A Destructor with heavy bolter sponsons spells death for infantry right?
    But isn’t an Annihilator with heavy bolters just as effective, with one less shot but benifiting from twin linked it should hit just as often.

Extra armor? Smoke Launchers? Hunter killers? Pintal Storm bolters? Dozer Blades? What do you normally outfit your tanks with? Do you load up on gear to extend the life of your tank? Or go cheep so you don’t lose as many points when it inevitably explodes?

And what about the Vindicator? With the new rules I have seen more and more of them on the field of battle.

What are your thoughts on the various tanks available to the space marine army, each very different, and yet very much the same.
    -GM

I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Destroctor&#33;&#33;&#33; I like the versatility of the configuration, with the AutoCannon and the lasconnon side sponsons. I go pretty cheap, but i like to have extra armor. And now with the new rules, I&#39;ll be more likely to use my beloved Vindicator&#33; HUURRAAYYY :lol:
    &#39;It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees&#39;-Pancho Villa

&#39;You&#39;re not to be so blind with patriotism that you can&#39;t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it&#39;-Malcolm X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My annihilator has heavy bolters on it&#39;s sponsons. That seemed the most all around to me, though If I get another one I&#39;ll probably make it a destructor with lascannon sponsons. The only upgrade they should have is extra armor. Smoke launchers prevent it from shooting which is it&#39;s main job and extra weapons just cost too much. As for the vindicator, I used mine alot with 3rd edition and will continue to use it in 4th. It of course has the obligatory extra armor and smoke launchers. Occasionally I&#39;ll give it a dozer blade if I have the points.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only combos i would consider would be the straight anihilator (lascannons), straight destructor (heavey bolters), or a destructor with las cannons--
    everything else sounds usless to me
    <span style='color:black'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Order Of the black Rose</span></span>
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Acolyte</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never mix my preds guns

i use a destructor against my friends eldar, and guard

i use my annihilator (spelling?) against my friend Dameon Hunters. For Dameon Hunters u need the overkill

i give my tanks extra armour and dozer blades.

I LOVE MY VINDICATOR, NEW RULES I LOVE IT EVEN MORE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I have equipped my predators with HB sponsons so they can make use of the new rules for armaments and moving.

Mobility is the key in warfare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Bolter sponsons are the way to go for any Predator. Personally, I prefer the Destructor simply because it&#39;s cheaper.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I was thinking about going for the auto cannon / lascannon set up on the destructor for tank hunting. But I also envisioned my tank providing close support for my rhino unit and possibly snagging a table corner.
    I think the lascannon turret with heavy bolters might end up being how I field it.
    Or I&#39;ll just figure a way to use magnets to mount my weapons and be able to swap them when I need to.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go for a Lascannon turret with the Hvy bolter sponsons.

This way you can still move whilst laying down 7 shots a turn.

Shure the bolters are wasted when you fire at a tank, and the lascannon when you fire at a infantry squad. But the verstility allows you to shoot at them.

Extra armour only for me, too expensive to load up on and smokes are only useful for transports and dreads as they need to get close.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best is a Baal with Heavy Bolters.

4 Twin Linked S6 AP4 Rending Shots + 6 S5 AP4 Shots = Heavy Infantry Death&#33;

Plus the Assault Cannon is going to be pretty good for popping tanks too with the extra pen dice if you roll a 6.

Also adding a Storm Bolter gets you 12 total shots you can fire every turn&#33;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast