Radical Inq army with GREATER DEAMON HOSTS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radical Inq army with GREATER DEAMON HOSTS

Radical Inqusition Army - 1750 points

Corteaz - 100

Greater Daemon Host x2 - 260
    (Count as Nemesis Dreadknight)

Henchmen Warband x3 - 321
    w/ 3 Melta-Acolytes and a psyker
    in/ Chimera

Henchmen Warband x1 - 107
    w/ 3 Plasma-Acolytes and a psyker
    in/ Chimera

Henchmen Warband x2 - 250
    w/ 5 Deathcult Assassins and 5 Daemonhosts
    in/ ->

Gunshuttles x2 - 412
    (Count as Stormravens)
    w/ Searchlights

Henchmen Warband - 154
    w/ 3 Plasma-Servitors
    2 Jokaero
    6 Acolytes

Vindicar Assassin - 145

Options:
    I have also played with a rouge techpriest (techmarine) with an orbital strike relay. He proved good at first round lance strikes, using servo-skulls for accurate fire, as well as increasing ruins for the Servitor squad and vindicar.

In addition I have run an additional inquisitor in terminator armour with psycannon. he joins one of the chimera squads - he did not do much, compared to his pricetag.

Tactics:
    Basicly the two ravens and greater daemonhosts (dreadknights) serve as "up-in-your-face" fire magnets. Having stormravens with searchlights and PotMS is a great way to get some first round shooting when playing dawn of war.
    The chimera squads will support the assault, but at least two of them will play a bit more safe, as they are objective grappers.
    The deathcult/daemonhost squads are able to take on almost any foe, short of MC and walkers. The hosts provide HP and thoughness 4, and are cheaper. Running 10 assassins would be better, but the theme of the army "requires" some hosts.
    During the first few rounds, the vindicar will be the primary anti-tank unit. But the Jokaero might also get lucky. The list would benefit a great deal from some psyfel-men dreadnoughts, but that again would be out of theme.

Because of theme, I will be building my own stormravens, and call them gun-shuttles or something. They will both be different from eachother, and I will ommit the dread-grapple, as it wont be used.

Corteaz and Henchmen:
    I know that there is some dispute on how Corteaz interacts with henchmen. I do not presume to know it, but for know I have played it so you can have an unlimited number of henchmen warbands, they count as troops, and fills up the two troop choices you must have (just as the emperor's champion for BT fills up your HQ choice, without taking up a slot).

Greater Deamonhosts:
    As of now I am undesided about the dreadknight model and fluff. But I think it is an obvious choice for a daemonhost conversion. Propl. going to use a deamonprince and get some air under him - them mount him on a larger base, slam on some chains and scrolls, and whupty: a Nemesis Dreadhost.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see someone else thinking the same way

I'm currently working on how to convert my old Inquisition army based on the Witch Hunters codex to these new rules, though I'm not sure it will be as fun as the old one with its huge variety in units (Sentinels, Russ, Exorcist, Guard, Sisters, Inquisitors...)

I was thinking of deep striking the Dreadknights/Greater Daemon Hosts close to units with mystics in them rather than running them in the ships. Planned to use the assaulty warbands in them for the most part.

Techpriest/Techmarine with servitors, assassins and psychotroke grenades would be interesting as well.

As another thought: Why not use the IG Hydra as a count as psyfleman? Just a thought themewise (even though it is a vehicle...) Or maybe Sentinels as "Armoured Hydra Sentinels"?
    Last edited by LtCariad; March 25th, 2011 at 08:44.
    PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually walk my DKhosts - with T6 and A2+, they can soak alot of dakka, and any lascannon or other heavy weapon they draw, is one shot off of my stormravens. I dont think stormravens may transport DKhosts.

I thought of DS 'em, but I need them "on-field" from day one, to draw that fire. With run-moves they are often able to assault in turn 3 regardless, making it as good as DS.

Psyfelmen could really improve the list, and I have thought of some Heavy Sentinel Variant to keep with the fluff. Obvious I can only fit one into my list, if I want to keep both the DKhosts.

I'll prop sack a troop to get the points.

I am actually not that sad about lossing inducted guards - as the theme for my force is purly Inqusition - without the need to commandeer other Imperial Troops.

+ Reply to Thread