Crowe - I hope i am reading this wrong. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crowe - I hope i am reading this wrong.

OK so i have a copy of the new Codex go me!

Under the rules for Castellan Crowe on Pg 42, i believe there is either a mistake, grammar problem or the worst rule ever written by GW!

Basically it says that when an enemy unit charges crowe (and any unit he has joined), the ENEMY unit gains furious charge and re-rolls to hit!!

I hope I am being stupid and reading this wrong otherwise, why would anyone ever take Crowe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

From what I understand, that is NOT a typo. It is the fluff behind him having a demonblade. All the bad guys want to get their hands on it and will charge in to try and wrest it from his cold, dead hands. He does confer a few advantages, but this one is one of those characters that has both a positive and negative side to him (A bit like Kharne the Betrayer). I like the idea. No point having characters that are only good and have no bad side to them. That's boring, this is much more interesting. Like Daemonhosts or Jokaero, the random nature of their powers makes it more interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that but c'mon, Furious Charge AND re-roll hits, one or the other would of been better, considering that Crowe doesn't count as having a power weapon!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It gets worse, Crowe himself is not an independent character so he cannot join a freindly unit. This means enemy rerolls will only work against Crowe even if the enemy multicharge him and a GKSS unit nearby. But then Crowe cannot grant rerolls to hit to a freindly unit using Titans Herald rule because he cannot join them.

I'll still take him because I think purifiers are fantastic but I wont expect too much from him.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

It's true--charging enemies get bonuses against him and he can't join friendly units. That said, Purifiers are great, and a sword that rends on a 4+ is really better than a power weapon. I don't think I would want to play a Purifier army--I really don't like Crowe much at all--but he does have a couple of up-sides.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rerollable saves and 4+ wounds on every model in the combat FTW! (from psychic power) Murder hordes and just laugh at everything else.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to think that he gives the enemy rerolls and Furious Charge to actually help them to kill him, so that his Heroic Sacrifice rule can come into play and kill (hopefully) something strong on a 3+. Paying 150 points to make Pacifiers troop choices and to sacrifice in order to extremely easily kill a 300 point Hive Tyrant or something similar doesn't seem too shabby to me. Any damage he causes before popping Heroic Sacrifice is just icing on the cake too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the idea that you would get a character only to get it killed for the heroic sacrifice rule. However if your oponent knows about this rule you could use him as a killing machine and a way of forcing the other player too move his army an other direction. Cause your oponent would rather think twice than kill a character that has the ability to wipe a powerful character when he dies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

All the above comments are valid points, good and bad. I think he should be a smidge cheaper and it says any unit he joins and then it doesnt give him independent character, so one must be atypo?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x3)

Not necessarily. The rule that gives a bonus to a unit he joins also gives him the same bonus, so it doesn't do nothing, and it's the rule for the normal Brother Champion, who is an independent character, and can join squads. In fact, the text of that rule isn't even copied in Crowe's entry--Crowe's entry just refers you to the page for Brother Champions.

It's possible that one is a typo, but there's no real reason to think that.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast