IG vs Orks "would you like fries with that?" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

IG vs Orks "would you like fries with that?"

I thought I'd share a happy moment from a recent game against a friend of mine that plays Orks.

A 20ish boyz mob managed to multi assault a pair of chimeras toting 2x PCS with 4x Flamers. The nob managed to wreck one with his PK. the squads were able to dismbark with ~7 flamers intact between them. my following shooting left a hole in his line. Quote for the game "Where did all of my orks go?". Happiness is 7 flamer templates on the same infantry squad .

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

LOL... Awesome... reminds me of a time in 3rd edition when an opponent deepstruck nine chosen Tzeench termies (every one a psycher, but only one wound) in front of five plasma cannons, three plasma guns, two plasma pistols, and a raft of boltguns. AYEIOB is a double-edged sword! With their psychic shooting on arrival, they'd killed 2 marines. They all died sucking plasma. It amazes me that I had to kill the last one with boltguns, but they made a TON of 5++ saves.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That reminds me of a game I played a couple weeks ago against nids. He won the roll off and said that I could pick my table edge/ go first because he hates when I deploy in response. But it just so happened that we were also playing spearhead and one corner of the table had a large corridor where there was little cover, and diagonally across was a big hill. Naturally I took the hill and I barraged the heck out of him in one turn. By the end of round 2 he had almost nothing left because he had nowhere to hide and I had everything in line of sight.

It was satisfying to see a carnifex, 3 zoathropes and 2 hive guard bite the dust on 2 turns along with a million and a half gaunts.
    Iron Hands 3000+ pts
    DIY Imp. Guard 1800 pts

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

I had something similar as the OP happen in a game against Marines, with wildly different results...
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

I had a game at a tourney a few weeks ago where a Dark Eldar player deep-struck some Hellions behind my line. He shot up a platoon blob and killed 3 men. Four of my tanks then turned around and BBQ-ed the entire squad to death with Heavy Flamers.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

It was a fun game. The other fun quote from that game was "Fire Bad!".
    Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a bit irrelivant but as we're all reminiscing, i had a game last weekend, 1500pts and i had about 50+ men, 2 leman russ's (executioner and vanquisher (he had nearlly all vehicles so seemed necessary)) a baneblade and straken. he charged with his land raider and jumped out some marines into my infantry squad (my sergeant killed 5 marines after half his squad was torched with the rest being beaten up! which was astounding but not the real story here), not much happened, my turn 2, shot my vanquisher at land raider AND JOY OF JOYS! ITS HITS! amazing feat for me, it never hits, it penetrates, BOOM! brilliant!. Most of his vehicles were f***ed up and i had the real upper hand, however.... out the wreckage... methiston came out, charged my baneblade.... boom.... 3 SP gone.... he screws over the rest of my army and he ends up with 1 wound left overall. (1 was from single lasgun XD) Moral of story, i feel guard struggle against special characters and i need some melta vets to deal with him....

+ Reply to Thread