Librarium Online Forums banner

Ordo Hereticus Superheavy Flyer

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Mx1 
#1 ·
A little something i've been working on for the occasional apoc games that we play here - a superheavy troop transport for the sisters (shamelessly ripped off from an ebay auction I spotted a year or so back).

The model has a 14" wingspan and (with the front wings removed) fits entirely within a standard KR multicase for transport.

See less See more
#5 ·
Any chances of getting some other angle shots.
There are a couple of in-progress shots in my LO blog entry 'new project' - including a picture of the original.
I'll have to remember to get a side-on photo of it at some point.

The model was actually very easy to assemble - a little bit of hacksawing is required for the central body but that's as complicated as it gets.

A landraider and two valkyrie kits to build, plus components from the bastion/aegis kits for weapons in this case. Small hacksaw, clippers, large-ish file, and strong plastic glue.

#7 ·
Still looks amazing. Btw, I saw this bad boy floating around 4chan's /tg/ when I was hunting those (most likely fake) Sisters of Battle test pages xD

#8 ·
Spotted it on hogs of war too, it's a shame i've not been able to get a really good shot of it because it looks better in person - possibly because of the very uneven basecoat.

Ah well, it was good fun to build. I've no idea what sisters are going to do with an assault craft but at least it's not going to get turbolasered, flank assaulted, or squashed by orbital bombardments. Might actually make a half decent gunship with the top-attack lascannons.

#9 ·
now i can somewhat tell how big it is due to fact i can recognize the land raider at the middle but take a picture holding it up so we can get a better sense of scale with a hand next to it.

#10 ·

There you go. Looks a little small in that image actually :p If you have a tape measure it's got a 14" wingspan at the front, and it's around 14 long. The bulk of the craft is around 3" high.
The KR multicase in the other picture is ~11" wide and ~15" long.

#12 ·
Starting the the marauder destroyer (without the bombs) and working from there. Probably AV12 to give it a chance while landing and a capacity of 12 per pod, but no assault ramps. Armoured Cockpit, chaff launchers, and infra-red targetting.

Currently it's got two twin-linked autocannon, two icarus lascannons, and two heavy bolter door guns. The top mount takes a standard razorback turret for AA duties. The wings have space for one more weapon which may be racks of hellstrikes purely because I have them sitting around, though I like the idea of fitting something rapid firing and giving the aircraft a strafing special rule.

I didn't think too much about rules before building it, just thought it was a good looking design and easy to construct - no tricky cutting, pinning, plasticard pieces, or greenstuffing. If sisters don't get updated before our next apoc game it'll be a good place for my unlimited range psyhood lord to hide :)

#13 · (Edited)
Was looking around ebay and spotted this with a few hours left:
Warhammer 40k Forgeworld Dark Adeptus Mechanicus Thingy on eBay

The original. Surprised to see it up on ebay again, thought it had already been sold

(edit - peered in feedback profile - it was sold, 27th January ... what's going on there? Looks like exactly the same highest bidder the second time around as well...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.