Librarium Online Forums banner

Modeling priests

782 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ChadMS 
#1 ·
I haven't seen anything inspiring for priests for IG, so I am considering using the WH Sisters Repentia models instead. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
I'd follow a half-nekkid chick with a chainsaw!

I keep going back and forth on my next priest model. Another idea I had was to put a REALLY BIG HAMMER on a Redemptionist and writing BAM! on the side.

I think the reasons you don't see Priests much is because they are hard to justify. Mine keeps just proving his worth by pulling things off like taking out the last SM Scout or actually having his reroll matter. But to make him worthwhile you need to take the Commissar and power weapons in your blob. And the Eviscerator is mandatory. It ends up costing a fair amount.

My next battle he is getting dropped for an upgrade from a Demolisher to a Executioner. Cause, you know, EXECUTIONER!

#3 ·
Necromunda Redemptionists seem the first obvious choice. That's probably who I'd go with for my force.

Sisters Repentia are okay but the quality of the older casts is pretty poor. If you want to go that route I'd suggest holding off for a few months to see if any Witchhunter rumours materialise into hard info. Plastic kits mean bitz for conversions to make the Redemptionists look right or to do something more exotic.

#4 ·
I use both flavours of priest (with Eviscerator and w/out)
- both in a massive blob with comissar, of course.

Now with Eviscerator there is absolutely he won't be immediately picked out and die.
However, without, having had his attacks at the same time as troopers - missing the PF more importantly -
he tends to live. the opponent wants to remove models - a guardsman is the same but with a worse save.

I would have done a song and dance about eviscerators before running both, and he does live a lot longer without.

#6 ·
Reaper Miniatures has a lot of good candidates. I use one of their armored clerics for my own list; it's not as though I'll be bringing him to an official tournament.

#7 ·
I would agree that priests are not tournament fodder, but can be fun for friendly games. The terror factor of getting a reroll on a base of 40+ attacks is kind of fun. It doesn't give a significantly higher number of wounds due to craptastic strength, but rolling a metric crapton of dice can sometimes rattle an opponent. I also rather like the visual of a group of grunts stuck between their commissar and a religous wing-nut with an oversized chainsaw.

#8 ·
I picked up an empire flagellants kit a while ago. Its great for conversions of all types, but two priests were amongst the conversions I made. I gave one a large staff with a book and vox horn on top, a nice spiky mace and a shotgun. The other I gave an eviscerator (made form a spare canoness chainsword) a large scroll (also from the canoness) and an incense burner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.