Modeling priests - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Modeling priests

I haven't seen anything inspiring for priests for IG, so I am considering using the WH Sisters Repentia models instead. Any thoughts?

Praise the Emperor and pass the promethium!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

I'd follow a half-nekkid chick with a chainsaw!

I keep going back and forth on my next priest model. Another idea I had was to put a REALLY BIG HAMMER on a Redemptionist and writing BAM! on the side.

I think the reasons you don't see Priests much is because they are hard to justify. Mine keeps just proving his worth by pulling things off like taking out the last SM Scout or actually having his reroll matter. But to make him worthwhile you need to take the Commissar and power weapons in your blob. And the Eviscerator is mandatory. It ends up costing a fair amount.

My next battle he is getting dropped for an upgrade from a Demolisher to a Executioner. Cause, you know, EXECUTIONER!
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

Necromunda Redemptionists seem the first obvious choice. That's probably who I'd go with for my force.

Sisters Repentia are okay but the quality of the older casts is pretty poor. If you want to go that route I'd suggest holding off for a few months to see if any Witchhunter rumours materialise into hard info. Plastic kits mean bitz for conversions to make the Redemptionists look right or to do something more exotic.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

I use both flavours of priest (with Eviscerator and w/out)
    - both in a massive blob with comissar, of course.

Now with Eviscerator there is absolutely he won't be immediately picked out and die.
    However, without, having had his attacks at the same time as troopers - missing the PF more importantly -
    he tends to live. the opponent wants to remove models - a guardsman is the same but with a worse save.

I would have done a song and dance about eviscerators before running both, and he does live a lot longer without.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by stayscrunchyinmilk View Post
    I use both flavours of priest (with Eviscerator and w/out)
    - both in a massive blob with comissar, of course.

Now with Eviscerator there is absolutely he won't be immediately picked out and die.
    However, without, having had his attacks at the same time as troopers - missing the PF more importantly -
    he tends to live. the opponent wants to remove models - a guardsman is the same but with a worse save.

I would have done a song and dance about eviscerators before running both, and he does live a lot longer without.
    Dreds are why you keep Strakken nearby.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Reaper Miniatures has a lot of good candidates. I use one of their armored clerics for my own list; it's not as though I'll be bringing him to an official tournament.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Reaper Miniatures has a lot of good candidates. I use one of their armored clerics for my own list; it's not as though I'll be bringing him to an official tournament.
    I would agree that priests are not tournament fodder, but can be fun for friendly games. The terror factor of getting a reroll on a base of 40+ attacks is kind of fun. It doesn't give a significantly higher number of wounds due to craptastic strength, but rolling a metric crapton of dice can sometimes rattle an opponent. I also rather like the visual of a group of grunts stuck between their commissar and a religous wing-nut with an oversized chainsaw.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

I picked up an empire flagellants kit a while ago. Its great for conversions of all types, but two priests were amongst the conversions I made. I gave one a large staff with a book and vox horn on top, a nice spiky mace and a shotgun. The other I gave an eviscerator (made form a spare canoness chainsword) a large scroll (also from the canoness) and an incense burner.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ChadMS View Post
    I picked up an empire flagellants kit a while ago. Its great for conversions of all types, but two priests were amongst the conversions I made. I gave one a large staff with a book and vox horn on top, a nice spiky mace and a shotgun. The other I gave an eviscerator (made form a spare canoness chainsword) a large scroll (also from the canoness) and an incense burner.
    That sounds pretty awesome. I have a forgotten box of old empire flagellants that I've been meaning to convert for PBS models. I will have to look into that.

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

370 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeevil View Post
    That sounds pretty awesome. I have a forgotten box of old empire flagellants that I've been meaning to convert for PBS models. I will have to look into that.
    As a note, you get the shaved heads from it, the command squad shaved heads, (file off some mohicans on others, maybe do the IG bits head pack x 1-2 times ) and voila! Penal troops (sgnt gets the soft cap catachan head) - They're not that bad.

I would recommend for the PBS getting the tank aquillas / winged skulls and gluing them back to back and stick them on the staffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast