The Eliteist mentality..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eliteist mentality.....

As ashamed as I am to admit this I am suffering from a eliteist mentality at to moment. Now what I mean by this is I have been a long standing GK player for all of my 40k carrer (about 9 years) they were my first army and it took alot of me to learn the game on the old DH codex. I ended up placing in regionals for 'ard boyz back in 07, 08 before I joined the Marine Corps and sadly I was out of 40k for a long while.
    Now I have gotten back into 40k about 6 months ago I am back to playing my DH's but with this new codex I feel almost offended by alot of people switching to play the new army of the month. I would hate to me looked at as "another GK player" who jumped ship.
    Am I the only one who feels this way?

Make a man a fire and keep him warm for a night.

Light a man on fire and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Max_the_fallen_angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah!

That's about how I felt with the Tyranids and Blood Angels. I got my start with the Battle for Macragge box set about 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point but you have to understand that for many of us playing with one army for years would be very boring. I always want to build models but see no point in a 20,000 pt army. I've built 8000 pts worth of 40k (nevermind fantasy) in the last year and a half alone and I've been in the hobby for 15. If I had to play the same army all that time I wouldn't last and so always gravitate to new stuff, regardless of the army. It keeps the hobby fresh. I'll get sick of the GKs soon enough as well.
    Rules for playing massive tabletop games with star wars miniatures!
    http://starwarstabletopbattles.webs.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'm going to miss the respect gained from winning with the old DH codex vs the newer armies. Like I said logically it dosnt bother me but some were in my head my pride is hurt lol.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for a night.

Light a man on fire and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, on the other hand, tend to gravitate toward the older armies which no one plays anymore because they are "useless". Yes, you guessed it, my current project is Necrons Up until recently it was a pure Inquisition force based on the old WH codex and DH codex, so I know where you're coming from. Why not take a look at Tau, they are a challenge nowadays. As someone said, it's a part of the hobby and you just have to learn to roll with the punches
    PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I have only played Grey Knights myself. DO I mind if people jump on the band wagon, yes and no. Yes, because people want to play what is new. No because there might be people that will be like us and only play Grey Knights.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I know how you feel. I started off as a DH player and was proud of my accomplishments with what was then considered a sub-par army. But honestly, right now I'm happy. My army has finally been updated and can compete with the very best armies out there. Heck...it'll even dominate some of the competitive builds right now.

But you've got to understand that, from a marketing standpoint, GW needs their new codices to sell. GW's got a lot invested in their new line and if it doesn't sell, they're in trouble. That's why they need to make each of their new armies attractive both in terms of coolness and competitiveness. Because if we're not digging their new models and new units, we ain't buying from them and that, they can't afford.

Don't worry, in a few months, people will flock to Sisters and Necrons. But you can be sure there is a whole new generation of GK players and they are here to stay.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus View Post
    Guess I'm going to miss the respect gained from winning with the old DH codex vs the newer armies. Like I said logically it dosnt bother me but some were in my head my pride is hurt lol.
    that never happened :-D
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ericismyname View Post
    that never happened :-D
    Hey! I beat Blood Angels (2500 Competitive Daemonhunters vs All-Infantry Blood Angels (with photos!)) and drew with DE (The Old versus the New - 2500pts Daemonhunters vs Dark Eldar)!

Never say never, my friend.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

I know what you mean. DH is the only army I own. In the end though, I don't think any of us started this hobby to look cool, so what some people may or may not think of me for having a latest army is irrelevant. I'm still going to enjoy myself. Most of the people around our area know I have played DH for ages now anyway.

The really good thing is, all the people who will jump on the GK bandwagon, then get bored and about 6 months from now we'll be able to get cheap GK models on E-Bay (or your local equivalent).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast