Are Sisters Screwed Against Leaf Blower Armies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Sisters Screwed Against Leaf Blower Armies?

Hey in this thread that I looked over in the DE area I http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...gainst-ig.html I found that DE transports AV 10 ~ 11 get blown away by an IG leafblower army. 6+ Chimeras 3 Vendetta's 3 Hydras and 2 manticores just tore apart the DE player.

Being new I've never played against an army like that yet (hopefully I don't tonite), but since sisters play all AV 11 rhino lists wouldn't we get blown out of the field without much of a fight?

~D6 Exorcist Missile Time >=D~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by nub1 View Post
    Being new I've never played against an army like that yet (hopefully I don't tonite), but since sisters play all AV 11 rhino lists wouldn't we get blown out of the field without much of a fight?
    No more than any other mech list, the two main problems being that sisters don't have any ranged firepower beyond the exorcists to fall back on without taking guard, and that SoB have such a small range of options your opponent can tailor a list against them - no points wasted on things like psyhoods or other tournament considerations.

You'll be outnumbered, outgunned, and outranged by a more mobile and flexible force - but that's why IG always wins the 'which army is best' polls. You really have to just bundle everything forward in what cover you can get and hope whats left doesn't all get meltagunned on the turn it arrives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. No autolose, just extremely silly. I burn most of my resources destroying the Chimeras and their contents and ride out the Battle Cannons, rushing through my faith points.

Some advice: Deepstrike 2x Inferno Pistol Seraphim and Evis. to break the Russes.
    5th Sisters of Battle: 10-5-12 (W-L-T)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin McSnatch View Post
    Some advice: Deepstrike 2x Inferno Pistol Seraphim and Evis. to break the Russes.
    That's rather marginal - any scatter and you are out of range, and the inferno pistols arn't even AP1. Particularly as there are plenty of guard vehicles to screen against deepstrikers - even a disembarked vet squad would block the 3" pistols.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

I havent played SOB as my army but i do know that imp guard are toast in CC.What about those arcoflagethingies?
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    What about those arcoflagethingies?
    Mmm... nah. I'll be the first to say it, most of the units in our outdated and free codex are pretty outdated and shouldn't be taken unless they're free too. You could try, and I have done a little bit of experimenting with some of the more sucky units but we got jibbed on a few things. Arcoflagellents, Sister Repentia, Penitent Engines, Some assassins aren't great, very few people use Inquisital Storm Troopers, etc.

Usually, competitive SoB are Battle Sisters, Jump-pack or Immo/Celestian Canoness, Exorcists. Add Seraphim or Celestians to taste. That's 5 units used, luckily there's one for each option on the FoC, but we're still limited compared to armies with more than one viable Elite, Fast Attack or Heavy Support choice. Majority of lists are mechanised, some use foot-slog to great effect.

As far as leaf-blower lists. Use cover/smoke launchers with your vehicles, move out and fire. Exorcist guns are tall enough that a rhino parked in front of it doesn't block LOS (measuring from gun barrel(s)). Flank attacks, using cover and the support fire from the Exorcists to get them there and then melta/heavy flamer until they're dead. We're not screwed, it's just a little bit more of a challenge and we're reliant upon terrain.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    I havent played SOB as my army but i do know that imp guard are toast in CC.What about those arcoflagethingies?
    They are anti-marine units with no transport options and rage - against leafblower they would just run at the nearest chimera, they'd never do any real damage even if largely ignored.

In close combat most sisters are WS3/S3/I3/A1 with no close combat weapons or grenades. They'll generally win because they have power armour but the only 'anti-horde' close combat unit they have is a fleet/enraged open-topped killa kan (for twice the price).

Both arcos and penitents also require a priest, which is bad news for most sisters units.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    No more than any other mech list, the two main problems being that sisters don't have any ranged firepower beyond the exorcists to fall back on without taking guard
    This is actually even worse now we cant take allies. Well tournaments require the use of the PDF book which doesn't have the allies.

However this has always been the theme of SOB next to no long range, however at mid range we can tear almost everything apart.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

wait... no allies in tournaments anymore? So Space Marine armies can't even use allied sisters?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Guthbrand View Post
    wait... no allies in tournaments anymore? So Space Marine armies can't even use allied sisters?
    It depends. If you use the PDF, no, but if you use the actual book, yes. GW said when they released the PDFs that allies were still legal.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast