Question regarding The Summoning Librarian Power - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Question regarding The Summoning Librarian Power

    Sorry if this is the wrong board, or just a silly question, but I was wondering:

    Can you disembark from a Land Raider as well as cast The Summoning? Both say they can be used at the beginning of the units movement phase, but I'm not sure whether it would still be considered "the beginning of your movement phase" AFTER you disembark.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Mad Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,967
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

    I dont think you can but you will be able to cast summoning from within the LR using its hull has the measuring point. Summoning isnt a shooting attack so you don't need a fire point.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

    Summoning question, if a landraider reedeemer (or any vehicle) is imobilized can it still be summoned by a Librarian? If so thats kinda broken... amazing but broken. now since Libraians are not Unique you can play LR pong and bounce it around the board everyturn to where it is needed.


    ~Syko

  5. #4
    The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,841
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

    I would have to say no, it can't. The rule for immobilised vehicles states that the vehicle may no longer move for the rest of the game. For the Summoning to work on a vehicle, the vehicle in question has to have the Warp Stabilisation Field upgrade. The WSF rules say that if a vehicle "moves in this way" (ie is Summoned by the Librarian) it counts as having moved flat out. 'Counting as' doing something is tantamount to 'actually' doing something, and if the vehicle is immobilised then I believe that it would be wrong to Summon it because you're effectively making it perform a "counts as" move, which it can't do.

    Probably another one for the ever-growing GK FAQ!

    E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

    it "counts as" moving flat out, but in reality its deepstriking. in the brb immobilized means a track is broken or somthing to make it stop moving. Since you cant move after deep striking why wouldnt you throw a LR across the board?

    Plz GW FAQ!!!


    ~Syko

  7. #6
    Senior Member SeanBurton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    I'd so no -its pretty clear that the libby is just opening a path for them and they are moving themselves through it.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    36
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

    Maybe the portal 2 commercial is provoking this but i envisioned a portal under said vehicle and another in the sky above the libby. but i guess since its going thru the warp maybe more of a wormhole...

    ~Syko

  9. #8
    Senior Member Mad Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,967
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

    I would say yes it can. Drop pods are immobile vehicles and they can deepstrike and count as moving flat out when they do so. Obviously a drop pod has engins to get it to the table from orbit but that is represented by the deepstrike rule. Since Summoning grants the tank deepstrike for that turn it can arrive. Other imobile vehicles can deepstrike such as tau weapon platforms or tarantular automatic gun platforms.

    If imobile vehicles were not allowed to be summoned then I would have expected the summoning or warp stabalisation field rule to prohibit imobalised vehicles from doing so.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

  10. #9
    I am a free man! number6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Village
    Posts
    4,941
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    786 (x8)

    P. 95 of the BRB: Vehicles count as moving at Cruising speed after deep striking.

    Passengers may disembark from a transport vehicle.

    The summoning forces a model to move (and arrive) via deep strike.

    Next question.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

  11. #10
    jy2
    jy2 is offline
    Hive Fleet Pandora jy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    5,068
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    797 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Emba View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong board, or just a silly question, but I was wondering:

    Can you disembark from a Land Raider as well as cast The Summoning? Both say they can be used at the beginning of the units movement phase, but I'm not sure whether it would still be considered "the beginning of your movement phase" AFTER you disembark.
    No. Beginning of the movement phase is before all movement. Disembarking is movement. You have to cast the psychic power before you do any movement at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykodmon View Post
    Summoning question, if a landraider reedeemer (or any vehicle) is imobilized can it still be summoned by a Librarian? If so thats kinda broken... amazing but broken. now since Libraians are not Unique you can play LR pong and bounce it around the board everyturn to where it is needed. ~Syko
    I don't see why not. Immobilised vehicles can still deepstrike (i.e. drop pods). And the codex should override the BRB in that the vehicle is "pulled" towards the librarian, even when it can't move due to immobilization.

    However, the controversial question here is: is it destroyed by such a move? It is moving flat-out and it is immobilised. Hmmmm...maybe one for the Rules Help forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    I would have to say no, it can't. The rule for immobilised vehicles states that the vehicle may no longer move for the rest of the game. For the Summoning to work on a vehicle, the vehicle in question has to have the Warp Stabilisation Field upgrade. The WSF rules say that if a vehicle "moves in this way" (ie is Summoned by the Librarian) it counts as having moved flat out. 'Counting as' doing something is tantamount to 'actually' doing something, and if the vehicle is immobilised then I believe that it would be wrong to Summon it because you're effectively making it perform a "counts as" move, which it can't do.

    Probably another one for the ever-growing GK FAQ!

    E.
    Yeah, it'll probably need a FAQ, but I see that there is precedent here to support it....namely the Blood Angels Furioso with Magna-grapples. It can "drag" a vehicle towards it, whether immobilised or not.


    Quote Originally Posted by SeanBurton View Post
    I'd so no -its pretty clear that the libby is just opening a path for them and they are moving themselves through it.
    That isn't clear at all. That is just one interpretation. My interpretation is that it works like the Star Trek tractor beam. The librarian is essentially "pulling" the nominated unit through the warp to his location.


    Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    P. 95 of the BRB: Vehicles count as moving at Cruising speed after deep striking.

    Passengers may disembark from a transport vehicle.

    The summoning forces a model to move (and arrive) via deep strike.

    Next question.
    Actually, vehicles count as moving flat-out when summoned, so you cannot disembark. But the rest is right.

    My question is, if you move flat-out and are immobilised, you should be wrecked. But does that still apply if you were already immobilised before "moving flat-out"?
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts