Divine Guidance, Exorcists and AP1 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Divine Guidance, Exorcists and AP1

Maybe this should be self explanatory, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly how these rules work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BlkSabbath74 View Post
    Maybe this should be self explanatory, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly how these rules work.
    Page references from the freely downloadable codex on the GW site.
    Exorcists - Should be clear from the entry on page 26, roll a D6 after nominating a target and roll that many dice. Each 3+ is a hit.

Divine Guidance - Page 8. You can declare that you are using this faith power after rolling to hit with ranged or close combat attacks, but before rolling to wound. If you pass a faith test (equal or under your squad size on 2d6) then any roll of 6 to wound counts as AP1 or a power weapon when shooting/fighting respectively.

AP1 - See the vehicle damage chart on page 61 of the main rulebook. Only applies to ranged attacks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Also note the wording on Divine Guidance:

When shooting, any rolls which cause a wound on the roll of a 6 count as AP1.
    You do not roll to wound vehicles, so you don't get the AP1 where it actually matters (against non-vehicels there is no difference between ap1 and ap2).
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

With DG, faith test AFTER you roll to hit is useful, if you balls your rolls to hit and out of 16 bolters get say... 5 (average is 10.67), you can decide whether or not you wish to use that precious faith point on the slim chance of single model taking AP1 over a possible 2 or 3.

A.T. has got the rest covered.

@ikbuh Oh, damn... I'd never noticed the "to wound" part. I played a game where I gunned a mate's Raider out of the sky with my girls (just 'cause my exorcists can't see you, doesn't mean you're safe buddy!) and that helped massively... Looks like I owe him a rematch.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

i never noticed the "after rolls to hit but before rolls to wound" on when to roll for the AoF. Wouldve been nice to have during a few games.

Suffer not the heretic. That's right, I'm looking at you Astartes Librarians.

+ Reply to Thread