5 Man anti-tank squad. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

5 Man anti-tank squad.

This is not strictly imperial guard, but close enough....

I am looking at starting a tyrant's legion force from IA9 (effectively half marine and half guard cannon fodder). I am thinking of taking one of there elite units as an anti-tank choice. while it is not IG, it it similar to say an IG vet or command squad.

This would consist of 5 ws 4 guardsmen with scout, furious assault, 2 meltas and a power fist held in reserve and coming on using outflank. Costing 95 pts.

Any thoughts on possible effectiveness?

Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

I'm guessing BS3? It'll make any decent player think twice before moving his vehicles less than 12 inches from the sides of the table which is pretty good for 95 points.

Their actual effectiveness will come down to the flow of the battle. Their mobility just isn't enough to be guaranteed of anything. The enemy could avoid the board edges, or hug one flank and they come in on the other side.

Just talk up the unit, outflanking is nasty enough and fear will do the rest. They may not actually do anything but fear of their damage will help shape the movement of the enemy. Just make sure the rest of your force is set up to capitalise on that.
    Last edited by Korona; April 18th, 2011 at 00:38.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Yes it's BS 3, and thanks for the reply, this was largely what I was thinking/hoping. I will have some heavies in squads and possibly a dreadnought for extra anti-tank, they will not be my only option.

Also thinking of taking a squad (in higher points values) with 2 flamers and a demo charge for around the same price....
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

+ Reply to Thread