Quick GK ?'s - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick GK ?'s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick GK ?'s

Hi all so recently had a game against GK. The GK player took a Grand Master with an orbital bombardment upgrade that let him do a Str 10 Lance Blast. He said that he could use this every single turn. For 50pts that item alone accounted for my LR, 2 Predators, and a Rhino. Seems a bit ridiculous so I wanted to make sure it wasn't a one use only.

Other ? is why would you take a Daemon Hammer on your Dreadknight? If the doomfist hits at Str10 and allows you to hit in initiative order and you already have 2D6 vehicle for being a MC I don't see an upside. Thanks all!

Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can use the orbital strike every turn as long as the Grand Master didn't move in the movement phase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by HAB_Incognito View Post
    Hi all so recently had a game against GK. The GK player took a Grand Master with an orbital bombardment upgrade that let him do a Str 10 Lance Blast. He said that he could use this every single turn. For 50pts that item alone accounted for my LR, 2 Predators, and a Rhino. Seems a bit ridiculous so I wanted to make sure it wasn't a one use only.
    He destroyed all that in one game? Gee Willikess, that's some bad luck on your part. With their 2D6 scatter, you would have thought some might have missed. Or did they scatter onto other vehicles? But your mate is right, they can be used every round, so long as the GM doesn't move (as stuck804 mentioned).

Other ? is why would you take a Daemon Hammer on your Dreadknight? If the doomfist hits at Str10 and allows you to hit in initiative order and you already have 2D6 vehicle for being a MC I don't see an upside. Thanks all!
    The only real advantage is that thing about any unsaved wounds also meaning the target is reduced to initiative 1 next round, so no real advantage at all. In fact, you then also lose the extra attach each round for having two of the same weapons, and they bill you 10 points for the trouble. So you're right, no real upside and plenty of downside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    The only real advantage is that thing about any unsaved wounds also meaning the target is reduced to initiative 1 next round, so no real advantage at all. In fact, you then also lose the extra attach each round for having two of the same weapons, and they bill you 10 points for the trouble. So you're right, no real upside and plenty of downside.
    Has this been resolved? I'm not sure it's clear that the DCCW doubles his strength, since he's not a walker. That would make the 2 doomfists beneficial for their extra attack, the sword beneficial for the rerolls, and the hammer beneficial for the boosted strength.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrik View Post
    Has this been resolved? I'm not sure it's clear that the DCCW doubles his strength, since he's not a walker. That would make the 2 doomfists beneficial for their extra attack, the sword beneficial for the rerolls, and the hammer beneficial for the boosted strength.
    This will need a FAQ to be resolved. RAI is pretty clear. See the rules forum debate here (Dreadknight and nemesis doomfist).

Don't forget a successful hit with a NDH will also shake a vehicle in addition to any other damage it will do (i.e. immobilised or weapon destroyed).
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you're assuming that doomfist hits at S10.

RAW right now is
    2 Doomfists = +1A
    Hammer = S10 I1
    Sword = Warptime+1

Ofc simultaneously, giving him personal teleporter would make him jump infantry and he loses the 2d6 armor pen. 6+d6 is bad. But if he took hammer, it'd be 10+d6 which is good.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Terranarc View Post
    Ofc simultaneously, giving him personal teleporter would make him jump infantry and he loses the 2d6 armor pen. 6+d6 is bad. But if he took hammer, it'd be 10+d6 which is good.
    That is a croc of bullship. Play it that way and you will be laughed at by your opponent. The DK DOES NOT lose its monstrous creatures status. That is total rules exploitation and rules lawyering.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed but the entire codex is a croc of bullship sailing in a sea of down syndrome captained by Troll Ward.
    But whats that? Do you dare defy the word of the Ward?

Yeah I don't play GK and there's only 1 GK player at my LGS. And while I'd let my opponent use DK as a monstrous creature that moves like jump infantry, it's basically still a house rule. Until an FAQ comes out, RAW it is no longer monstrous creature.
    I play RAI but it always frustrates the hell out of me when lack of quality control creates a split between RAI and RAW.

Also, at OP, you lost a vehicle every turn for 4 turns to that orbital bombard? Jeeze that's terrible luck or amazing luck on opponent's side.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

If you think the Grand Master's orbital strike is bad cookies, you should see Inquisitor Karamazov in action
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrik View Post
    Doomfists "Follow rules for Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons" and they double the strength up to a max of 10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast