Help with Deathwatch Army, Please? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Deathwatch Army, Please?

Hey, so I am currently building my Ork army. Its fun and I love them but to be perfectly honest with you I had underestimated just how many models were going to be involved, and you can only paint so much green before it gets tedious. So, to mix things up abit I thought I would start a second army. I intend it to be a slow project that I can work on slowly whilst still doing my Orks.

Right, I decided I was going to go Marines but couldnt decide which chapter. Smurfs, Space Pups, Blood Angels, Grey Knights were all out. Then I thought Deathwatch would be cool. Thats where the problem is. From what I understand they are not an actual chapter and tend to operate in small Killteams. So how can I build an army around a killteam?

Im thinking I might need to use alot of "Count As" models. Like I think Sternguard would be pretty essential. I can do those easy. Then I wanted to use alot of Sniper Scouts but then, why would scouts be apart of this special unit? I was thinking about using some kind of Imp Guard model to represent the scouts and say they were comendered by the Inquisitor? But that might be a little far fetched. Then I would need my inquisitor. I want to use this model: Forge World - INQUISITOR LORD HECTOR REX AND RETINUE Was thinking I could use him as a Captain or Pedro?? Probably Captain though.

Also, I would like to keep it fluffy so what are the chances that the Deathwatch would have a Dread? Or Landspeeders, Bikes? Would they be more inclined to use Rhino's or Drop Pods?

So lots of questions I guess, sorry about that but I hope some of you guys could help a little. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

I don't know much about deathwatch but it might be good to do some research yourself, I'm sure you can find a lot of stuff out there. Maybe some here can point you in the right direction. Also, that Inquisitor looks sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does indeed look sweet. Would you say its a fair model to run as a Space Marine Captain or Chapter Master? I mean, I see power armour, boltpistol, powersword and stormshield so in terms of WYSIWYG it shouldnt be a problem. I just wanted to get a general opinion?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Deathwatch have pretty much whatever equipment they want. Bikes, tanks, the inquisition gets what the inquisition wants.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

If you're looking for an option that's relatively fluffy, use a counts-as force that's heavy on Sternguard (Killteams) and Scouts (Inquisitorial Stormtroopers). Pedro would probably be a natural choice for a counts-as army leader at this point. Fill the army out with some inducted support units, either painted as more Deathwatch stuff or some support requisitioned from a normal marine chapter of your choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Deathwatch have pretty much whatever equipment they want. Bikes, tanks, the inquisition gets what the inquisition wants.
    Thats good to hear! I did want to use a Dread, Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    If you're looking for an option that's relatively fluffy, use a counts-as force that's heavy on Sternguard (Killteams) and Scouts (Inquisitorial Stormtroopers). Pedro would probably be a natural choice for a counts-as army leader at this point. Fill the army out with some inducted support units, either painted as more Deathwatch stuff or some support requisitioned from a normal marine chapter of your choice.
    My idea for the list was 3 Sniper Scout squads starting in cover then 2 Sternguard squads and a Dread podding in does that sound kinda viable?? Im not sure as I was planning on using NO tac squads but that seems to be a big nono.

Another question I have. I wanted to use the Telion upgrade for one of my scout squads. However as Im going to use other models to represent the scouts I thought I would do the same him. So what better choice to represent the greatest marksmen of any chapter than with one of the greatest snipers, the Vindicare Assassin? It seems logical to me. If anyone can call on the aid of such men then Im sure an Inquisitor can? But then I might be stretching the whole WYSIWYG?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x3)

You might want to convert the vindicare assassin a little bit to pull it off but I don't see why it wouldn't work. A mass of Sniper squads could be a great idea, I don't see why you shouldn't do it. That's a lot of rending. Sure its bs 3 but whatever. Better qeustion is, what Dread do you plan to use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thats a better BS than Im currently working with! Im not sure about the dread, need to do a little research. Im thinking that Sternguard, with there special ammo, can be quite versatile and fill a number of roles. The worry is I have no units for assualting so maybe thats what I'll do with the Dread. HF and DCCW and Pod him next to something? But then, maybe I might gear it up for tank hunting, Im not sure, any suggestions?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

I'd rig him for tank hunting, personally. There's really nothing saying that you need dedicated CC units, and if you take Pedro as your HQ then anything near him will be pretty good in CC anyways.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

You can deffinatly have a dread, i referance you to the Vicories of the Space marines book, there is a short about a kill team who also have a Dread attatched for a mission, POW.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast