Elite Choices - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elite Choices

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Elite Choices

What is the next best Elites choice after Paladins, Purifiers, and the assassins? Or perhaps I should say, if I am having Castellan Crowe making Purifiers troops, and I am having a Vindicare Assassin, Paladin Squad, and also a warband for my Inquisitor (but doesn't take up a slot), what should I have as my 3rd elite choice.

Thanks,

The Warlord

Also can someone please make a poll of the elite choices, I don't have a Grey Knights codex yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

There is also the Techmarine and the Ven Dread. Out of what you have I would go with Purifiers as number one. Then the Ven Dread and last would be henchmen warband. Now this is my own opinion.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Take Crowe and Coteaz as your HQs. They come to 250 points (not too much) and that way the Purifiers and henchmen can be your troops and you then leave yourself room for a Venerable Dreadnought (with two autocannons and psybolt ammo) AND an assassin. Talk about having your cake and getting to eat it as well. The price of the ven dread though means you could also take two regular dreads and take a techmarine instead (but I have not used one yet, so I'm unsure how well they go).

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

I was told if I took an Inq. normal, then the henchmen don't fill up any organisation slots
    Now come to think of it, Coteaz does seem pretty cool. I'm not convinced though.

I was thinking of buying the Forge World autocannon. Would I have to do much conversion work to fit this onto the ven dread?
    Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; April 25th, 2011 at 00:00.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

They don't take up slots (if you're wondering where it says this, in their points cost entry, right under the name of the unit). However, Coteaz makes them troops, which means that they can score (Grand Strategy cannot affect Independent Characters, Temple Assassins, Inquisitorial Warbands). And you can take more than one.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Oh right. Now I understand. Thanks for the clear up

So would you suggest Coteaz with 12 DCA in a LRC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 DCA are super fragile. I prefer a blend of DCA and crusaders. Same points, but having a handful of 3++ saves makes them brilliant

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Coteaz Troops Warbands do take up Force Org slots.

There is no way to rank any of the units in the codex, even just those in a single force org slots. They're all good. They're all useful. It all depends on the total army list you are building.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread