Any point in buying Rhino kits, ever? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any point in buying Rhino kits, ever?

I've noticed now that Rhino and Razorback kits both sell for the same price. I know that in the past you were able to make a Rhino from Razorback/Predator/Whirlwind kits, but they always costed a little more to reflect the fact that you are getting a Rhino + extra sprues. Now I'm thinking, with Razorbacks costing the same as a Rhino, maybe they changed the sprues around so that you cant build a Rhino from your Razorback kit? If you still can, there would be NO point in ever buying a Rhino kit again, as you could just buy a Razorback instead and build your Rhino and then have some spare turrets in case you ever want to swap it to a Razorback.

I guess what I'm asking is, can I just go out and buy Razorbacks for my army instead of Rhinos, or have they changed the sprues around so that I wont be able to make Rhinos out of them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

They haven't changed the sprues - GW bases it's dollar values off of the game value, not the amount of plastic. If you don't believe me, take a look at terminators.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Rhino = Rhino Sprues + Misc Accessory Sprue (includes storm bolter and hatches)
    Razorback = Rhino Sprues + Misc Accessory Sprue + Razorback Sprue
    Whirlwind = " " + " " + Whirlwind sprue
    Predator = " " + " "+ Predator Sprue
    Vindicator= " " + " " + Vindicator Sprue

Of the above, the Whirlwind/Razorback/Rhino/Predator is easy to swap around (with magnets). Only the vindicator has a completely different top/front section. (which you can still magnetize, it's just a much larger pain)

There is actually a big business on ebay now, just selling the "extra" sprue's. Mainly for the people who have existing rhino's, or purchased the battleforce, and want to have a predator instead.

+ Reply to Thread