NFW - Activation Initiative. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

NFW - Activation Initiative.

Hey guys,

Thought I'd run my understanding by you all and see if you think i'm wrong or not.

So this affects using forceweapons against units of 2+wound models.

If you are all hitting at Initiative 4 and you make 6 wounds on 6 models the enemy player will then divy out the wounds and at best they will lose 3 models as they can put all the wounds on 3 models (if the 6 are kitted out identically.)

Now if you had even 1 model hitting with a Halberd and he makes at least 1 unsaved wound which he then activates his NFW and kills off that 1 model everyone that hits after him is automatically causing instant death.

This means that the 5 wounds made at I4 would then kill 5 models as the weapons are already activated.

Hope you understand where I am going with this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

It may well be that more experienced player will correct me, but what you suggest seems plausible.
    Last edited by Tuatara; April 27th, 2011 at 07:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correct
    nothing like inter species cooperation!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Correct, assuming the entire unit is all the same. If they are equipped differently (i.e. nob squad), then you have to allocate the wounds first before removing whole models from identically-equipped models.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Correct, assuming the entire unit is all the same. If they are equipped differently (i.e. nob squad), then you have to allocate the wounds first before removing whole models from identically-equipped models.
    Yeah I realize a lot of units like this will be equipped differently but I had a friend laugh at my force weapon's saying that he would do as I stated above.. this is how we came to the above realisation.

Good reason for at least one halberd or ICs with higher I in the same squad.

Thanks all for the confirmation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are correct (i think... not too sure) but personally i would ask if i could 'activate' my force weapons first before the combat starts so both players know where they stand, it would stop petty wound arguments. then in my mind it would make things simple- if you fail any invunerable saves mate that model is dead- unless it has eternal warrior etc....

i'll have to remember this when i get to use mine

hang on a div question here- do ALL attacks in the unit cause id when activated or just one per model?

really the rule should be done so EACH MODEL takes one wound before excess hits are allocated makes things much fairer and a gamble, perish the thought if someone lost his power klaw nobz and all the others survived..
    Last edited by madmek; April 27th, 2011 at 11:25.

jboweruk

I was under the impression that if all models are equal then wounds were just taken, ie you roll any saving throws together, now that to me means if your FW have become active when you score wounds every wound will (RAW) remove a model. So if you have caused 5 wounds, against a 5 model unit of say for example Tyranid warriors, then all 5 will die. Just tough on their owning player as since they were all the same, they take all saving throws (in this case none) together in a single block, removing models for any that fail, in this case as we have caused 5 wounds and they can't save, it's bye nids, consolidation roll here we come, next....

And assuming they aren't the same such as a unit of nobz, then you have to put 1 wound per model as stated in the rule book before allocating any other wounds, now that also means that in you scanario it's game over for the Ork nobz, as they can't save.
    Last edited by jboweruk; April 27th, 2011 at 12:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why there is confusion over this.

jboweruk is right on this. If you follow the rules through in a logical order and make sure you keep in context the rules as written then there is no way to cheat death on the force weapons, and initative order has no bearing.

Rep to jboweruk for his clear understanding and explanation.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Just to ensure clarity, I just explained this in another topic.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Okay so the end result from all of this, is that it doesn't matter RE initiative order etc. as you can't put multiple force weapon wounds on 2+ wound models (kitted out exactly the same.) in a unit for the following reason.

Its due to the basic order of events and activating the force weapon happens after saves are rolled BUT before models are removed.

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    1. Hit
    2. Wound
    3. Allocate wounds
    4. Make saves [if available]
    5. Activate force weapon
    6. Remove unsaved models
    So if a unit of Ork Nobz that are kitted the same get wounded 5 times. They roll their invulnerable save and say save 1, you then activate your NFWs and 4 models are removed.

If this is still not clear enough read through number6's link above.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast