Librarium Online Forums banner

A crappy Sisters update ...

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Marnepup 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Well, as long as it's a 'minimum effort' dex - that is to say much the same as the current one with a few new special characters, 35pt rhinos, and some poorly thought out cut and paste - I won't be too fussed. It worked out pretty well for the templars and dark angels.
I mean - it's not as if the current codex isn't already just a downloadable pdf.

If on the other hand someone has actually gone to the trouble of screwing them up in some way i'll not be impressed ... though the same would be true if they screwed up an actual full codex release, I suppose a total POS pdf release might at least swing back around in the form of a decent book a couple of years later.

Anyway, it's all rumours. From a business perspective I don't see the point of replacing a functional codex in a half-assed way unless you were going to do something cynical like make it totally overblown to shift the first batch of resin models and then replace it with a more reasonable 'full' codex a year or two later.

#4 ·
Yeah, I'd assume that this will be a stop-gap measure to give us something to stop the bleeding. Hopefully they will throw in that Uriah character.

Maybe they will do a few easy things like fix the Repentias (Fleet, Feel No Pain, Transport) the Retributors (Relentless and/or Heavy Flamers) and switch out the Inquisitors and their toys for Ecclisiarchial characters and units like Zealots.

I don't know if any of you played Dark Heresy, but that introduced alot of fluff for the sisters as far as neophyte-type Novice sisters who would wear lighter armor and be in training to become full sisters. I would replace the stormtroopers with Novices, who would essentially fill the same role, but would actually be part of the sisters structure rather than an ad-hoc add-on.

With all their background in healing and all the hospitals and orphanages they run, I definately think that every Sisters unit should be able to take a Sister Hospitaler which would work the same as a medic and give the unit Feel No Pain.

They also had the Sister Dialogus, who was the keeper of Lore, so I would add that and basically allow the unit to choose one of several book which would give them one of several effects.

I'd also keep the Imagifer option and give them the option of a Standard Bearer.

As far as the Faith Points and Faith Powers, I'd simplify them by just giving each unit a power(s) that complimented its role. Similar to the Battle Orders in the IG codex. I'd give all Sisters the Light of the Martyr standard, and then give them all at least one other that was appropriate to their role in combat.

I would fix the Living Saint character, make Blessed Blades available to Vet Sergeants (no longer limited to one per army, because they aren't that nasty) and allow basic sisters to be bought in units of 5 and deploy in Immolators.

Just some thoughts...

#12 ·
Agree with all of that, except:

-transports for repentias...no!

-Sister hospitaler should be limited to a celestian retinue, but project a 6" FNP bubble. Spamming them into every squad spread across the entire board would break the list.

-ditto the sister dialogus, but she should unlock faith powers with her library of books.

-There is a standard bearer option...for a celestian retinue, it projects a WFB-like BSB bubble, IIRC.

-spamming blessed weapons is almost as bad as spamming hospitalers. I'd say limit them to canonesses/palatines, and VSSs in celestian and seraphim squads.

#5 ·
Well, didn't Jes G mention during the dark eldar release that he'd started work on a series of plastic sisters kits, but their robes were giving him alot of trouble?
If he's been having problems with sprue design & the models, then it could very well explain GW potentially going with a WD 'get-you-by' version ala BA's/WoC.

Plus, at the very least, it will hopefully bring the pts costs overall more in line with the current 'dexes, while the studio takes the extra time needed to produce a proper & (hopefully) solid codex + models...

A WD release didn't kill blood angels, or warriors of chaos, so I highly doubt a WD temp 'dex means that sisters are going the way of squats.

Cheers!

#9 ·
I'm with A.T. on this. Give me a cheaper rhino and I'm a happy man.

But updates are cool, always are. Hell, even so much as a mention in WD would just about make my week...

#11 ·
Yeah, exactly. We're not being told anything particulalry solid, other than that our existence isn't in doubt (Wow... metaphysics on LO?). There are too many of us for them to ditch the army out-right. Squats were never popular or profitable. We're mentioned in codex fluff, Black Library novels, etc. We're less mainstream, but that doesn't mean we're forgotten (plus facing those oblivious to us is always fun. "So about that faith..." "Que?")

#15 ·
How about making Hospitalers/Dialogus/Priests work like Advisors did in IG4, you buy a bunch as choice the doesn't affect the FO chart and apportion them out to squads before the game begins?

#18 ·
Hmmm....to be honest, I don't know if I broke that rule, or if it was a larger game than I remember... I wouldn't doubt that I inadvertently cheated...most opponents aren't sisters-savvy enough to catch obvious(ly deliberate) stuff, let alone little stuff like that. Oh, well... There were no prizes, so no ill-gotten gain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.