Sorry this had prob been posted but can i get some tactics on how to beat the new gre - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry this had prob been posted but can i get some tactics on how to beat the new gre

y knights? My friend plays grey knights and his list is something like

Brotherhood Champion
    2x10 man strike squads with all halbirds and either incinerator or psycannon
    something like 20 terminators (as troops)
    5 man purifier squad
    dredknight
    2 chimeras (idk if grey knights can use them he may have them for IG)
    vindicare
    i think also has 3 palidans
    What i fell really messes me up is all the power (and force) weapons with the I bonus and the firepower they can get double the shots at the same range.

My list goes something like
    Calgar
    Tigerius
    Captain
    honour guard
    command squad
    librarian in Term and SS
    Chappy with PF
    Chappy with TH and JP
    aprox 40 bolter marines
    7 missile launchers
    2 heavy bolters
    2 lascannons
    2 plasma cannons
    2 multi meltas
    4 plasma guns
    1 melta gun
    18 terms (10 assault and 8 shooty)
    5 man assault squad
    normal land raider
    3 land speeders
    2 dred naughts
    a rhino
    10 man sniper squad with Telion
    10 man legion of the damned
    2 techmarines with thunderfire
    Lastly i recently received 200 dollars which i will be spending on BA and SM if you have some suggestions on what i should buy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think (not quite sure) that Grey Knight Terminators don't have grenades. If you hide in cover you can nullify some of the I6 stupidity.

Generally though they're just like any other assault army. Shoot them shoot them shoot them until either you win or you die.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

the more shots you pour into them, the more chance them termies will die!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by GoliathX View Post
    I think (not quite sure) that Grey Knight Terminators don't have grenades. If you hide in cover you can nullify some of the I6 stupidity.

Generally though they're just like any other assault army. Shoot them shoot them shoot them until either you win or you die.
    All GK have grenades. (EDIT: All Infantry of one form or anther do, at any rate.)

Also, you're quite mistaken to think of them as an "assault army". Their strength lies in combined arms. They can whittle you down with 24" assault weapons, then choose their assaults to take objectives. Having all power weapons does not make a dedicated CC unit. They lack the number of attacks and WS to meet that distinction.

You should take advantage of their elite nature and utilize focus fire, and swamp them in CC when possible.
    Last edited by psichotykwyrm; May 17th, 2011 at 14:16.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Eeeeeh no,its you who will actually die its an autolose senario.Gks as stated by psichotykwyrm are not so assault oriented.They tear you appart with mid range firepower and then choose their assaults.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Eeeeeh no,its you who will actually die its an autolose senario.Gks as stated by psichotykwyrm are not so assault oriented.They tear you appart with mid range firepower and then choose their assaults.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, because assaulting them is going to work? I checked and they do all have Frag Grenades, what's with that? They don't equip regular terminators with pockets?

Anyway, as has been said all those magic ammunition shots will tear you up before you can get close, and if you do you'll get powerweaponed. At I6.

Bring Tigurius and all drop pods. Try and get everything on turn 5 and contest? Pretty much any GK squad can munch a Tac squad twice their size so any direct fight will end badly. Typhoons have a good chance of staying out of range for the start of the game, that might get you a little early advantage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Right, because assaulting them is going to work?
    Not necessarily unit versus unit, and definitely not man-for-man.

As I said, you need to swamp them. Dogpile. Assault one of theirs with multiples of yours. Make them split their attacks. Not as easy to do with another marine army, but you want to kill as many of them as you can even if they win. They can't sweep other marines. Drag them down.

And why would you charge a full squad of them? Use their own tactic against them. Focus fire on a unit until its gone or relatively safe to charge them.

While you're at it, bring some psychic defense. Try to break their toys, as it were.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

459 (x8)

Right, because assaulting them is going to work? I checked and they do all have Frag Grenades, what's with that? They don't equip regular terminators with pockets?

Anyway, as has been said all those magic ammunition shots will tear you up before you can get close, and if you do you'll get powerweaponed. At I6.

And how many attacks are those?Not all models can be equiped with halberts too.And if they can they are gona get their asses handed to them by other factors.I have heard so many thingies out there about the gk.Ooooh they got psirifle dreads,ohhhh they got I6.

All of those goodies cost a tone to have them deployed en mass and if the GK player does that he has undo himself.There are not enough points in a 1500-2000 points game to go around for them to be equipped top notch and have bodies on the field.
    Last edited by pilot00; May 19th, 2011 at 13:52.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread