Sisters losing their power armor?!?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters losing their power armor?!?!

Granted, I heard this rumor from a bitter Necron player, and have heard nothing of it anywhere else, so I'm not putting much credence into it.

Still, the rumor mill seems to believe that the Necrons will be getting a 4+ makeover, and one of my friends who is at least moderately reliable with the rumors said that there's a rumor that they will reduce the sisters to carapace.

Would suck if that is true...

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Seriously unlikely and not even worth worrying about.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I don't know if it's true, and of course it would negatively affect my sisters, but I think it would be better for the game as a whole if there were significantly fewer 3+ armor saves. Other than the six hundred flavors of space marines, whose power armor is their defining characteristic, 3+ saves should be limited to elites choices 40k-wide...It really would go a long way towards balancing the game...and make cover matter for armies other than orks, guard, and nids. It's idiotic that so many infanty units can strut around the tabletop not caring whether it's a jungle or a parking lot because their armor protects them better than ducking behind a pile of rubble would.

I have to admit that battle sisters are undercosted, but if their save drops to 4+, the army breaks, since they have significant handicaps elsewhere that are only compensated for by having the most points-efficient troops choice in the game. Two special weapons in a BS4/boltgun/power armor unit with unmodifiable leadership and a S6 powerfist for ~200 points? Yes, please! But if you take that away, you have to give them something else...infinite hatred and a pip of initiative? They'd still be S3, so that wouldn't make them melee juggernauts, and hating is something sisters do well, while an excess of zeal would explain the initiative...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt that they will, only because Power Armor and Bolters are one of the few things that set the Sisters apart from IGs. Still, I find it hard to believe that they intend to make the Necrons crunchier. 10+ Necron Warriors marching inexorably across the field at you is meant to be one of the most daunting sights in the 40k universe, IMO, at least as far as basic troops.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BlkSabbath74 View Post
    Still, I find it hard to believe that they intend to make the Necrons crunchier.
    It kind of makes sense from the perspective of getting more necrons on the table (with the huge points cuts that are being rumoured) - they are still relatively durable with T4 and WBB and actually less vulnerable to things like battle cannons and other pie plates if the rumours about WBB are accurate.

Sisters in carapace make less sense, since unlike the necrons you couldn't really discount them more than a point or two so there is no obvious trade-off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they are getting a new type of sister, one with lighter armor and something else to make up for it. Something they have been lacking in? I don't know all the armies yet so I haven't had a look at what they might be needing a boost in? SoB scouts? Lol

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Friar View Post
    Maybe they are getting a new type of sister, one with lighter armor and something else to make up for it. Something they have been lacking in?
    Lot of space to work with, pure sisters are about the most one dimensional army list ever - there are individual units in other books that have more USRs and special rules than the entirety of the sororitas.

Dominions are the sister's scouts, but they are heavy mechanised infantry.

The most practical place for 4+ saves would be in a templar crusader style squad with an equal mix of novicae and full/vet sisters (though I would say that as it's how they appear in the minidex i've been playing around with). And of course any heavy ecclesiarchy units would top out at carapace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they could get zealots so possessed of the emperors love and fury that they don't need the power armor and instead just get rollerblades of DOOM! Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Friar View Post
    Maybe they are getting a new type of sister, one with lighter armor and something else to make up for it. Something they have been lacking in? I don't know all the armies yet so I haven't had a look at what they might be needing a boost in? SoB scouts? Lol
    This is what I'd like to see...something based off of what they did for them in Dark Heresy...

How about something along the lines of...

Sisters Noviciate - Troop Choice, 3/3 in Flak Armor
    Sisters Sororitas - Troop Choice, 3/4 in Carapace Armor
    Sisters Celestian - Elite Choice, 4/4 in Power Armor
    Sisters Dominian - Elite Choice, 3/4 in Carapace Armor, Infiltrating
    Sisters Seraphim - Fast Attack, 4/3 in Power Armor, Jump Infantry
    Sisters Alacritas - Fast Attack 3/3 in Power Armor, Bike Infantry
    Sisters Retributor - Heavy, 3/4 in Power Armor, Relentless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they could also get a terminator like unit of their own to balance out some lighter armored units they will be getting? That might be cool. Sister Gigantis, lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast