Baneblade Size - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baneblade Size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baneblade Size

I'm planning out a table layout and trying to make sure everything is going to be able to fit properly but don't have a few numbers. How wide is a Baneblade? I was planning on having 4" wide roads so that would clear up to Land Raiders but I have the feeling a Baneblade will be a fair bit wider.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Baneblades are roughly 7" wide.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baneblades are roughly 4 leman russ's, 2 in width, 2 in length, generally this means about 10-12" long and 6-7" wide, they are huge, and much larger than a land raider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Most roads are built with civilian traffic in mind - so unless you're building a dual carriageway or motorway I would plan on your road being wide enough for two civilian vehicles to pass each other. That probably means a "standard" tank can pass along the road in single file with nothing passing the opposite way. 4 or 5 inches would seem about right. Vehicles too wide for the roads can't claim any terrain benefits for movement which would seem both logical and borne out by history?
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies guys. The table will be a modular system so tying up ~1/3 of a 24" square with 8" roads doesn't seem like a great idea. No one I know actually owns a Baneblade or variant but seems prudent to see how it may fit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    340 (x6)

A main road that can accommodate even super-heavies with smaller side roads that it can't fit down would be pretty cool. I think roads are really under-utilised. They would make for a great tactical feature given the speed boost.

This is a sci-fi game after all, make the roads to suit your gaming needs then make ad-hoc explanations for fluff afterwards, although practically a large road for heavy traffic then smaller side ones seems pretty realistic really.
    Copy, Improve, Innovate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used an old toy set which fitted leman russ's perfectly and it really made a great fortress thing, it had enough room to accomadate a tall ruin in it and other ruins around them, making for some good street fights, reminds me of WW2 style of warfare in cities, it was very tense as you could get attacked from any angle, but allowed for optimal side cover, fantastic fun, really adds to the game. For baneblades it would be brilliant if you implemented that after it drives down that road (like a highway) due to its sheer bulk and weight the road cannot take it and as it drives down it, it becomes difficult terrain as it has left huge cracks in the road. makes sense as some highways can't take heavy trucks, let alone 300 tonnes behemoths!

+ Reply to Thread