Storm Ravens: Loadouts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Storm Ravens: Loadouts?

Hey guys, I proxied a pair of storm ravens the other day, and they performed quite well. I've decided to get around to putting my 2 together, so I'm throwing this question out there:

At 1500 or higher, what do you guys think is effective?

When I proxied them, I gave them both TL Plasma cannons and a Typhoon missile launcher, for maximum blast template spam.

What do you guys think is a solid loadout? Close range, long range, holding units or not, let me know what you guys think!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x3)

Assault cannon / multi-melta is optimal. Keep it cheap, don't focus on anti-infantry (your guys do that just fine). I definitely feel where you're coming from on the template thing, but, let's face it: you just don't need that pile of templates.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can also vouch for the Multi-melta. As for the turret gun, can't say (I was considering either the Assault Cannon or the Lascannon). In my test game the turret mounted gun (was going to test the lascannon) died first (damn Tau! ).

As for other loadouts, I can see the usefulness of the Hurricane Bolters, but I need the points for upgrades elsewhere.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

TL Multimelta is nice, but I am tending to look towards TL Assault Cannon/TL HBs with psybolt ammo for both. For me, multiple shots win out over single high-powered shot every time.

If fielding two SRs then I would make one anti-infantry and one anti-armour, ie give each a specific role to play.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

resident iconoclast Left of West's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x3)

Assault cannons are better than Lascannons at pretty much everything other than killing monoliths and hitting things that are more than two feet away. But, really, you should rarely be shooting at things that are more than two feet away, so the lascannon doesn't have a whole lot to recommend it.
    Once again, the conservative, sandwich-heavy portfolio pays off for the hungry investor!

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The only thing I can think of for its recommendation is that bar the Graviton and Conversion Beamers and the Lance Strike, everything else in the GK ranged weapons arsenal is max strength 8, so it does give an option for a mobile heavy weapon platform. However, I still stand by my "more shots is better" comment. The SR is more likely to be used as a close support weapons platform rather than long range support - who wouldn't want to have a Quicksilver Librarian with a bunch of falchion-armed GKTs dropped off in the enemy ranks to deal CC death while the gunship shoots threats close by with multi-shot weaponry?

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

There was an earlier thread devoted to this topic where I posted my own thoughts on the matter.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread