Inquisitors! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitors!

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

Completely strange, starting 2 threads in one week.

What do you guys think of these units?

They've almost got a marine statline, 3 wounds, I4 (for some odd reason), and for but a pittance in points bare. Their statline is good enough that, if I have around enough points left, I'll take an inquisitor over another PAGK.

On top of all that, you can customize them to no end. Yeah, they can take warbands, but generally, I use Inquisitors to fill up any small gaps in my army. As an example, for a support Inquisitor, I would do something like...

Ordo Xeno Inquisitor Kailen

...Conversion Beamer
    ...Needle Pistol
    ...Power Armour

89 points

Sometimes, I want to drop a psycannon behind enemy lines on turn 1 with Modraik...

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Thorandir

...Terminator Armour and DaemonHammer.
    ...Psycannon (Or Combi-Melta)

80 points

And sometimes I want something good in CC and cheap to sit back with my servitors...

Ordo Maellus Inquisitor Briden Vaaul

...Hell Rifle

55 points

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Sierra

...Scythian Venom talon
    ...Scythian Venom talon
    ...Psycotroke Grenades (though sometimes she forgets these )

70 points

For those running non pure GK armies, what do you think about the Inquisitor? How do you load them out? Do you sometimes take them plain just for the bargain addition of 3 wounds?

Last edited by cKerensky; May 25th, 2011 at 12:38. Reason: Forrrrmatttttinggggg [/b[ fail.

2. Remove Advertisements

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Inquisitors are grand. One of my favorite things about them is cheap servo skulls. Don't take an Inquisitor without servo skulls! Like, EVER.

I use the OM psycannon Inquisitor because I wanted a second psycannon in my footslogging Terminator unit. I have the option to deep strike him with the termies, or on his own.... Love him.

I haven't put much thought into any other Inquisitor build because I just don't have a need for anything else.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Boise, ID
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

I've not yet got the stuff for a GK army bigger than about 1000-500 points so I've been working with:
    Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Fremden Feindlich
    Power Sword
    Rad Grenades
    Psychotroke Grenades

Runs with my Terminators as a bodyguard (for fluff reasons and it's worked fairly well so far )

4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

I'm going to be running this guy in an upcoming game:

OM Inquisitor
    Psyker Lvl 1
    Terminator Armor

110 points

Quick question though, does making him a psyker first then equipping him with termi armor allow him to have a daemon hammer?

I also run:

Librarian, Halberd, 3 powers

10 Terminators
    - 2 Falchion
    - 2 Daemon Hammer
    - 2 Psycannon/Sword
    - 4 Halberd

combat squadded to:

OM Inquisitor
    5 Terminators
    - 2 Psycannon/Sword
    - 2 Halberd
    - 1 Daemon hammer

Footslogging with 3 relentless psycannons, can still use hammerhand and activate force weapons if needed thanks to psychic OM Inq

Librarian (Usually w Sanctuary, Shrouding and Warp Rift)
    5 Terminators
    - 2 Falchinos
    - 2 Halberds
    - 1 Daemon Hammer

In a Landraider Redeemer.

The rest of the army is 6 man GKSS's w psycannons and 1 hammer each with a psybolt razorback, and 2 Psyflemen dreads.

I'm tempted to take the grenade inquisitor in combat units... the grenades are sooo cool...

+ Reply to Thread