Need help naming army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help naming army.

I am starting a new IG army. I am thinking of them from coming from a planet which is a hive world but has extreme heat and rivers of lava. I am still working on there background but i also need help on naming the army. The color scheme I am thinking about is a red/ orange tinted armour and helmet with black/ fortress gray and codex gray for the clothes. I would like to incorporate an urban camo scheme into my army. I am thinking of having there motto as "with victory comes glory" and I am thinking of translating that into latin or another language.

They will mostly be made up of tanks and chimeras. I will also try to incorporate a couple of sentries into my army as fast attack. I will also have one or two basilisks in there as well.

So if you have any ideas for the name, I would greatly appreaciate it. I am also thinking about basing/incorporating a mythical creature that deals with fire or lava into the name as well. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

general suggestion, not in order of importance:
    1. choose a planet name.
    if you look in gw website there is a table which can help you choosing a planet name. it should be under something like planetary empires or such. can't remember right now.
    2. choose a number. usually less or equal than 3 digits. but since it is an hive world it might have so much population that it can raise thousands of regiments at time. who knows? only you!
    3. what does your regiment have? in my case, i chose a mountaineer regiment, so i put it in the name. yours looks heavily armored, so maybe something like "Armoured" "Blitz" or similars would fit.
    at this point, you have a reasonable army name. 253th Eliodron Mobile Armoured Response Regiment is an example.
    4. if you want, you can add a nickname to your army. the origin of the nickname must be specified in your background imho, so you should play a number of games before choosing one that would actually fit your playstyle. Do you often table your opponent, or inflict gruesome casualties to him? "Rolling barrels" or similar. Do you play more defensively, using terrain at your advantage, pushing the enemy into chokepoints, etc? "Swift Eagles" might do for you. Try to use 2 words only: adjective and noun (anyway, keep it simple and short, variation of the famous KISS rule )
    It wouldn't fit, imho, a nickname only because it is cool. choose one that actually means something about your men. For example, "sharpshooters" might be a cool choice, but out of place within a 10-ordnance-shoots-per-turn armoured regiment, don't you think?
    Last edited by Frost89; June 4th, 2011 at 09:46.

4. ThanksRugby_Dude thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information and I will defiantly go to GW and look at those planets.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    417 (x7)

Planetary Empires: World Building | Games Workshop
    page 3. have fun

I built "Hidaxes Sigma" as planet name. I think it's cool good luck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey this sounds alot like my army, mine are the 323rd Praetorian mechanized (hence my username)but ones that moved to a different planet, they ditched the traditional armour for Cadian style armour with red armour and pure black cloth with grey highlights to make it stand out, using white guns just to keep the ivory there somewhere, their standard is the Union Jack as i just love the idea of british guard (so happy when i discovered there were zulu guard!) with the quote "For hope and glory!"

If you look at lexicanum which is basically the 40k wikipedia and search around you can find a world similar to yours, pretty much follow what Frost said and you should be fine, planets are the only problem and for that make sure it ends in something with "an", pretty much every guard army has that, praetorian, cadian, vostroyan, elysian, valhallan, catachan, mordian etc etc, it just seems to work better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for the ideas and the link. I like the name "Hydaxes Magna". So Im thinking about naming them the 300th Hydraxen Mobile Armoured Assualt Regiment. What do you think?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

417 (x7)

i personally think that mobile and assault are redundant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd call it the 300th Hydraxen Mobile Armour batallion just shortens it and replaces regiment, over used word imo , guard aren't assaulting types, as you are more mechanised it makes more sense not to be assaulting, in that case maybe the 300th hydraxen armoured response division would make more sense,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks frost and 323rdpraetorian. I agree division/battalion does sound better than regiment. So maybe 300th Hydraxen Amoured Response Battalion? I also like the 300th Hydraxen Amoured Response Division. But maybe replace Division with Battalion. I also heard a qoute today that was said by Stalin and it goes like this "We shall grease the tracks of our tanks with the blood of our enemy". I think that would be a good motto for my force since I am going to be using tanks and chimeras.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

417 (x7)

you know the funny thing? i have named my planet Hidaxes sigma, some weeks ago... Looks like we are in the same system!
    funny note 2: i also have chosen a brown/orangeish main color with gray body armour for my men XD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast