Grey knights getting a battleforce? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Grey knights getting a battleforce?

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has heard if grey knights will be getting a battleforce anytime soon. All the newly released codex have been followed by a battleforce release a few months after. Hopefully grey knights will get a decent one as to help save some cash.

Looking at the other MEQ battleforces, I think it would be fair to expect something along the lines of: 1x Rhino, 10x grey knights, 5x terminators (I'd be happy with this and according to current prices it would save me $60 CDN)

Tau my love! You are back!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It's a posibility but it did take them a year or so to do the blood angel Battleforce. Dark Eldar too had to wait 6-9 months. I can't wait that long to complete my army.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem would be though on what do they add and not add, as the boxes are fairly customisable as they are so deciding what is used can be difficult.
    all the other battle forces are comprised off units that everybody uses

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    286 (x5)

won't everyone use 10 grey knight marines and 5 termies? the rhino i can see being replaced with either a DreadKnight, OR a Land Raider (either type) and an interceptor squad to bulk out the points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

I am not so sure about the terminators in a battleforce. No other battleforce has terminators, but its also true no other army can take terminators as troops normaly. I personally would rather see a razorback instead of the rhino, but i doubt that would happen, even if they only put 5 PAGK in the battleforce.

~Syko

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I'd say there'll be a dreadnought in the battleforce, there's rhinos in the space marine/blood angels boxes already, and nemesis knights/raiders/ravens all make GW good money. And then probably a mix of Knights/interceptors/purgators.
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    I'd say there'll be a dreadnought in the battleforce, there's rhinos in the space marine/blood angels boxes already, and nemesis knights/raiders/ravens all make GW good money. And then probably a mix of Knights/interceptors/purgators.
    Genius Marketing idea...Sell the double TLAC Dreadnought in the battleforce, then even players who already have their GKs will probably pick up atleast one. Don't sell that model anywhere else...some people will probably pick up three battleforces even though 30 GKs and 15 Terminators is overkill (1200 unupgraded points).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

I'm thinking Dreadnaught + 10 Grey Knights + 5 Terminators is likely, and I would probably get 3. One can never have too many terminators! (or Grey Knights, I suppose). It would give me the option to field 35 Paladins in an apoc game.
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x2)

Not sure we would see a dreadknight in there, they are selling too well on their own. Probably have a Rhino, 10 PA GK, 5 Termys and a dreadnought with Auto Cannons on both arms.
    That last one is wishlisting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

I dont think they are going to put forgeworld bits in a battleforce. If they made plastic Autocannon arms, then the battleforce would be sold out just about everywhere.

~Syko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast